• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason programs begin today

52 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Why would Canales not take advantage of all the extra time allowed for new coaches?

I’m sure they’re taking the same amount of time, just a difference of when they’re taking it. There’s only 3 teams starting April 2 I doubt all the other teams are just forfeiting their time.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I’m sure they’re taking the same amount of time, just a difference of when they’re taking it. There’s only 3 teams starting April 2 I doubt all the other teams are just forfeiting their time.

Patriots new HC lays out his philosophy to start next week as well. Seems like our all star coaching staff did exactly what he's trying to avoid, and come to think of it they seemed more focused on press conferences and media hype than grinding behind the scenes. 

Despite having the option to begin their program on April 2 — due to hiring a new head coach [Jerod Mayo] in the offseason — the Pats chose to delay their first day so that the several new faces on their coaching staff are congruous in both message and approach to the upcoming season. 

“Look, there’s still going to be time to put this thing together. As the staff continues to jell not only on the coaching side but also on the scouting side, as the team continues to gel, I just want to make sure that we as coaches are all on the same page before we get with the players,” Mayo said this week. “We’ve been a part of situations where you bring different coaches in and this guy has one philosophy, this guy has another philosophy. I just wanted to make sure that the coaches, the staff, we’re all on the same page going forward.”

• Pie 4