• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NHL Playoffs Thread 2024

Posted (edited)

I said this yesterday but wanted to bring it back. Is anyone worried about Kuzy?  The guy is at the bottom of the list in plus minus every game. I’m starting to feel he just isn’t good at hockey anymore.  Also, KK playing is like nails on a chalkboard.   We just aren’t a good team when he plays. Do we call up Suzuki? 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69

14 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I said this yesterday but wanted to bring it back. Is anyone worried about Kuzy?  The guy is at the bottom of the list in plus minus every game. I’m starting to feel he just isn’t good at hockey anymore.  Also, KK playing is like nails on a chalkboard.   We just aren’t a good team when he plays. Do we call up Suzuki? 

No. He’s already been called up as a black ace, we aren’t going to Suzuki because we lost one flipping game. KK is playing better than you think, just because he missed a goal doesn’t mean he’s bad. Kuz on the other hand, has some issue and I don’t know what it is. He’s not playing crisp, he’s either trying too hard or not enough. I’m not sure you can say he’s at the bottom of +/- every game because he’s not in the playoffs. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

KK is not the issue here. He's played well. 

9 minutes ago, panthers81 said:

KK is not the issue here. He's played well. 

There is reason he was benched this year. He hasn’t been playing well at all. Maybe…maybe a game this playoffs. The groups fascination with KK is wild. He isn’t good.  If he was that good he would have been benched for Kuzy when we traded for him. 

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Nope don't be a nancy or a karen.

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

No. He’s already been called up as a black ace, we aren’t going to Suzuki because we lost one flipping game. KK is playing better than you think, just because he missed a goal doesn’t mean he’s bad. Kuz on the other hand, has some issue and I don’t know what it is. He’s not playing crisp, he’s either trying too hard or not enough. I’m not sure you can say he’s at the bottom of +/- every game because he’s not in the playoffs. 

^^^^^ this so much this exactly what Harbingers said.

5 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Nope don't be a nancy or a karen.

^^^^^ this so much this exactly what Harbingers said.

I mean seriously, if we benched players for missing an empty net once a game we wouldn’t have a roster to start. KK isn’t great this year but he’s been serviceable, hopefully he’s just having a Necas slump, but I’m not too sure he hasn’t hit his ceiling here unfortunately though. Moral of the story though, KK is what we got. We aren’t throwing a perennial AHL player into the playoffs without a practice since like training camp. It’s far more likely we put Comtios in and move Drury to center a line in a HYPOTHETICAL situation. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Flames 1

53 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

There is reason he was benched this year. He hasn’t been playing well at all. Maybe…maybe a game this playoffs. The groups fascination with KK is wild. He isn’t good.  If he was that good he would have been benched for Kuzy when we traded for him. 

I strongly disagree with this maybe if you are just watching points sure, but he had provided a ton of physicality and has played well defensively.....

He is an incrediblely streaky player scoring wise.... your neglecting to mention he also earned his spot back from Kuzy and Drury (Kuzy has his own issues but he adds a ton to the PP he single handily won game 1 for us)

I think rod needs to Reunite SAT and try Guentzel-KK-Jarvis if that doesn't work I'd seriously consider trying something I think he should have already and try JARVIS AT 2C his game is all about right down the middle and he is a natural C.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

I mean seriously, if we benched players for missing an empty net once a game we wouldn’t have a roster to start. KK isn’t great this year but he’s been serviceable, hopefully he’s just having a Necas slump, but I’m not too sure he hasn’t hit his ceiling here unfortunately though. Moral of the story though, KK is what we got. We aren’t throwing a perennial AHL player into the playoffs without a practice since like training camp. It’s far more likely we put Comtios in and move Drury to center a line in a HYPOTHETICAL situation. 

I agree we got here with what we have..... KK has played better than point totals he's added needed physicality and defense.... 

Check my other post for more on that.

This is kinda what I meant telling people to chill the other day lmfao. One road road double ot loss and people are saying crazyniess.

• Beer 1

Just now, PantherChris said:

I strongly disagree with this maybe if you are just watching points sure, but he had provided a ton of physicality and has played well defensively.....

He is an incrediblely streaky player scoring wise.... your neglecting to mention he also earned his spot back from Kuzy and Drury (Kuzy has his own issues but he adds a ton to the PP he single handily won game 1 for us)

I think rod needs to Reunite SAT and try Guentzel-KK-Jarvis if that doesn't work I'd seriously consider trying something I think he should have already and try JARVIS AT 2C his game is all about right down the middle and he is a natural C.

We don’t need svech on 1 right now, unless they start gooning again.

I’d go Guenz-Aho-TT Svech-KK-Necas

I stand by more original lines, dropping Necas to 4… but.