• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NHL Playoffs Thread 2024

I’m surprised this wasn’t brought up yet. Lee totally flopped. Yes I know orlov wasn’t called for the elbow instead for the roughing after the play, but call them both for the after the fact roughings and give Lee 2 extra for flopping. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I’m surprised this wasn’t brought up yet. Lee totally flopped. Yes I know orlov wasn’t called for the elbow instead for the roughing after the play, but call them both for the after the fact roughings and give Lee 2 extra for flopping. 

It's playoff hockey and if anyone thinks the same penalties called during the regular season will be called needs to watch some more hockey. And let's not get caught up in the "horrifying photos" crap. It's not as though Anders Lee is some choirboy on the ice- he's gotten away with plenty already through 4 games in this series, not the least of which was one of several Isles players going after Guentzel after he scored the empty netter in Game 2.

Hey, Isles fans, stop whining and play hockey.

33 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

It's playoff hockey and if anyone thinks the same penalties called during the regular season will be called needs to watch some more hockey. And let's not get caught up in the "horrifying photos" crap. It's not as though Anders Lee is some choirboy on the ice- he's gotten away with plenty already through 4 games in this series, not the least of which was one of several Isles players going after Guentzel after he scored the empty netter in Game 2.

Hey, Isles fans, stop whining and play hockey.

The tweet was satire. It clearly shows orlov’s elbow was nowhere close to Lee head. I went back and rewatched it on Bally after I saw the tweet and ya, orlov’s elbow doesn’t go anywhere close to Lee let alone his face. I know the elbow wasn’t called but the roughing after was on orlov.

My point was Lee should have gotten a roughing AND an extra embellishment penalty with us starting the second overtime on the power play. 

Edited by Harbingers

How to you go Hughes over Pyotr?

Hughes was a fugging -25. Pyotr besides his slump was putting up Vezina worthy numbers. 

Besides Pyotr if one of them should win it based on performance alone it should be Faber. I mean Bedard was a -44.. ffs. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Posted (edited)

Canes leaders after one

Goals: T-(for first) Noesen 3, Jarvis 3(Noesen gets the edge cause all 3 of his goals were with the goalie on the ice)

Assists: Skjei 5

+/-: Jack Drury +5

PPG: Jarvis 1.4, T-(for second) Svech 1, Necas 1, Skjei 1

GWG: Aho, Noesen, Drury, Martinook t-1

Shots: Svech 15

Shot %: TT 50%(converting 2 goals on 4 shots)

TOI: Burns 22:40(over Slavin by 1 second)

Faceoffs: Jack Drury 63.2%(technically but we all know it’s Staal(56.7%) by volume)

Honorable Mention for flying under the radar: Necas(did not realize the dude had 4 assists)

— — —

And Freddie’s final stats too 

Goals allowed: 12

S%: .912

GAA: 2.25

Edited by Harbingers

Here is the full rundown. 

“• Tony DeAngelo is fine after leaving last night's game during the third period.  X-rays were all negative and he is feeling better today.

• Brett Pesce (lower-body injury) is out of a walking boot.  If everything goes as expected, he should play games in Round 2.  He may not be ready for Game 1, but the team is hoping to have him available at some point during the series.

• CT scans and MRIs revealed that Jesper Fast suffered an injury to a muscle in his neck during the team's regular season finale.

• There's a "very quick timeline" for an announcement regarding an AHL affiliation for the 2024-25 season.

• He talks daily with Rod Brind'Amour about a contract extension.  "Rod wants to be a Hurricane for life... There's going to be a solution here very quickly."”

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Here is the full rundown. 

“• Tony DeAngelo is fine after leaving last night's game during the third period.  X-rays were all negative and he is feeling better today.

• Brett Pesce (lower-body injury) is out of a walking boot.  If everything goes as expected, he should play games in Round 2.  He may not be ready for Game 1, but the team is hoping to have him available at some point during the series.

• CT scans and MRIs revealed that Jesper Fast suffered an injury to a muscle in his neck during the team's regular season finale.

• There's a "very quick timeline" for an announcement regarding an AHL affiliation for the 2024-25 season.

• He talks daily with Rod Brind'Amour about a contract extension.  "Rod wants to be a Hurricane for life... There's going to be a solution here very quickly."”

This is all GREAT news....