• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Dave Tepper would review play call data, review with Reich

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He has won a road playoff game and was down 27.  The kid is going to be just fine

Yeah Lawrence is legit.  Jags aren't doing him any favors and he is still finding success.  I mean who is his best WR this year?  Kirk?  They should be trading to reunite him with Higgins or inquiring about Aiyuk.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He has won a road playoff game and was down 27.  The kid is going to be just fine

Yes he's got a couple high points, but many more lows point. His bar was space high and he's average mixed with below average. Jags have won out of spite, even after spending heavy offense. Peterson is a QB guru and he's gotten worse. Jags should bring in legit competition. 

Just now, Basbear said:

Yes he's got a couple high points, but many more lows point. His bar was space high and he's average mixed with below average. Jags have won out of spite, even after spending heavy offense. Peterson is a QB guru and he's gotten worse. Jags should bring in legit competition. 

something tells me you havent watched the jags in a while, he is hardly the problem

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Lawrence is legit.  Jags aren't doing him any favors and he is still finding success.  I mean who is his best WR this year?  Kirk?  They should be trading to reunite him with Higgins or inquiring about Aiyuk.

They spent 100+ million on WRs, traded for riley, and got QB guru Doug Peterson. He just not reached the level most thought, he's been too much bad mixed with less good. 

something tells me you havent watched the jags in a while, he is hardly the problem

I did see only one game and he was awful. He's not the reason for the wins either. 

1737133669800645027?t=ntIvUIMQ9G7ugr_U-G

1737133669800645027?t=ntIvUIMQ9G7ugr_U-GFirst 48 career starts

Trevor Lawrence- 20-28 W-L 85.5 Pass Rating, 55/35 Pass TD/INT, 12,204 Pass+Rush Yds 6.7 Yards/Att 

Daniel Jones;      19-29 W-L, 85.4 Pass Rating, 55/33 Pass TD/INT, 11,992 Pass+rush Yds, 6.7 Yards/Att

Well, well, well........ any comments now??

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Trevor Lawrence- 20-28 W-L 85.5 Pass Rating, 55/35 Pass TD/INT, 12,204 Pass+Rush Yds 6.7 Yards/Att 

Daniel Jones;      19-29 W-L, 85.4 Pass Rating, 55/33 Pass TD/INT, 11,992 Pass+rush Yds, 6.7 Yards/Att

Now do years 2 and 3 when his head coach wasn't checked out

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I tend to lean toward your side on the Lawrence debate here.

The one game people have to fall back on is the comeback playoff win but he helped dig that hole. And hey even Daniel Jones had a playoff win where it looked like everything was finally clicking. Then bam.

But regardless. Lawrence is going to likely go on to be an above average QB. Certainly not worth where he was drafted. But I'd rather be saddled with that than arguing about how our own QB is just like Drew Brees despite finishing with one of the worst statistical passing seasons of the last 20 or so odd years. You know we are in the cellar when we're slightly envious of even the fuging Jaguars.

Now do years 2 and 3 when his head coach wasn't checked out

That's tevors whole career, like I said some good and some bad, NOT elite. Jones didn't have his team drop 100+ million on WRs and another 40 million on a TE. They just spent another 40 million on a WR this year after all that. 

It's all there if you look at the facts. Its just lots of average at times, poor others, and couple elite. 

I just remember watching two of his games this last year, both were awful even though jags won both. 

18 minutes ago, frankw said:

I tend to lean toward your side on the Lawrence debate here.

The one game people have to fall back on is the comeback playoff win but he helped dig that hole. And hey even Daniel Jones had a playoff win where it looked like everything was finally clicking. Then bam.

But regardless. Lawrence is going to likely go on to be an above average QB. Certainly not worth where he was drafted. But I'd rather be saddled with that than arguing about how our own QB is just like Drew Brees despite finishing with one of the worst statistical passing seasons of the last 20 or so odd years. You know we are in the cellar when we're slightly envious of even the fuging Jaguars.

He was hailed as the next big thing, no other QB since luck had the hype. Facts are he's been average AT BEST and below average for periods as well. Take away the college orange and 1st overall, I doubt they would have stuck with him that long. 

Plus why haven't the jags gave him the 500 million bag, hmmm...???

I KNOW..... they know what I know!!

Its soooo hard for college fans to see the truth, I get it....

Theres been enough time and just more QBs have played better than him than not. 

Edited by Basbear

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

They spent 100+ million on WRs, traded for riley, and got QB guru Doug Peterson. He just not reached the level most thought, he's been too much bad mixed with less good. 

They traded for Ridley a year after he missed the entire year then just let him walk. They paid a lot for WRs, but who is their best one? Which WR from the Jags is Lawrence’s best target?

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They traded for Ridley a year after he missed the entire year then just let him walk. They paid a lot for WRs, but who is their best one? Which WR from the Jags is Lawrence’s best target?

I would say Kirk and honestly Im not a fan of his. But he did have nearly 1,200 yards his first year there. 

I think you said the jags were not doing him favors, but my guy they have spent 200 million on WR&TEs in two years. Even if I wasn't a fan of the names, that's one HUGE favor.

Jags have the same problem as Panthers, no one wants to play for each unless the over-pay is in play. IMO the jags vastly overpaid for those WRs and TE. 

I mean they didn't let ridley walk per say, they waited until the draft comp was a 3rd rather than a 2nd. Once the date happened, titans came in with that insane offer that ridley had to take even after waiting for the jags as a favor. 

Edited by Basbear

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I would say Kirk and honestly Im not a fan of his. But he did have nearly 1,200 yards his first year there. 

I think you said the jags were not doing him favors, but my guy they have spent 200 million on WR&TEs in two years. Even if I wasn't a fan of the names, that's one HUGE favor.

Jags have the same problem as Panthers, no one wants to play for each unless the over-pay is in play. IMO the jags vastly overpaid for those WRs and TE. 

I mean they didn't let ridley walk per se, they waited unless the draft comp was a 3rd rather than a 2nd. Once the date happened, titans came in with that insane offer that ridley had to take even after waiting for the jags as a favor. 

All teams spend money. They are required to spend a certain amount, so overpaying for mediocre talent doesn’t really help him.  They are rolling with Kirk (who had under 800 yards and 3 TDs), Gabe Davis (under 800 and 7 TDs in a high powered Buffalo offense), and Zay Jones (300 yards and 2 TDs) in year 3 of his rookie year.  Their TE is solid but outside of that there isn’t much to brag about…