• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seeking Insights on RB and TE

MHS831

12 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I'm going to harp on this once again. The one glaring advantage to having the #33 pick, the first one on day 2 is that there is going to be a full night to develop clarity on who is available. And there are very good chances that we can take the very best player available for the entire rest of the draft.

I know we are needy at Edge, WR, CB and LB. And those are most likely going to be the most picked over positions for top end performers.

On the flip side, there is an extremely good chance that neither an RB or a Safety will be picked in the first round. Perhaps only one TE would be gone by the end of the first round as well.

Could we go RB or TE at 33 and find our man? Yeah, I think we really could. 

And I'm beginning to think we really should. Give me the best RB of the draft coming in at #33 and never let him forget all of those that passed on him. Get that rolling ball of butcher knives we need. Or get that sure handed, big TE who can work the seams in the defense and grind out the difficult yards.

There's opportunity where we sit, as long as we don't fritter (Fitterer) it away by trading down to take more, lesser, players.

I was surprised to see the 33rd pick was only traded for 2 or 3 times since 2000. I thought it would be much higher. 

No RB will be drafted in the 1st. It's almost a lock.

No TE or RB is worth the 33 or 39, just a off year for both groups. (given Bowers is a top 10 pick, but he's sorta small and slow......) Plus I think the last 10 TEs drafted in the first round only one has made a pro bowl and that was 30 year old David Njoku this past year. Better to wait until 3-5 rounds"same for RBs"

It's not the year for RBs, brother. You best bet is if brooks last til 65, then you can start the RB bus.....

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Check out his he played against A&M and Tennessee. Then he goes off on UNC (bad secondary), Miss St (bad secondary), JVST, and Vandy.. 

yeah, I think it is a combo of him being raw and the SC pass game being sporadic.   He had pretty good games vs the best pass defenses he saw in UGA and Clemson. 

I think he is a raw freak.  That’s the gamble.  That wasn’t Mingo IMO

I mean, like him and don’t pending where he went 

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

yeah, I think it is a combo of him being raw and the SC pass game being sporadic.   He had pretty good games vs the best pass defenses he saw in UGA and Clemson. 

I think he is a raw freak.  That’s the gamble.  That wasn’t Mingo IMO

Rattler playing behind that terrible OL didn’t do him many favors I’m sure. Those inconsistencies while showing out against lesser secondaries is alarming though. Plus he wasn’t really good until his last year (5th year senior right?). 

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Well at least we are better equipped to develop a young WR. Don’t get me wrong XL has talent and I’ll cheer for him if he is the pick, I just have other prospects I like more. Especially at 33…

Pretty much.