• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Harmon & Charles McDonald on some tier 2 WRs & beyond.

21 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Bryce has a range of 55 yards. I watched his pro day and counted the air yards on his deep throws. That's if he steps into it. Now his accuracy on those deep throws were hit and miss. But he can throw a ball 55 yards in the air, if he steps into it. Stroud threw his 10 yards more and Richardson throw for about 2 or 3 more than Stroud.  It is what it is.

Yeah, plus Stroud and AR have upper tier arm strength.  I think Young being in that class makes his look worse.  Plus like you said constant pressure.  I remember Penix looking like he has a cannon when he had time in college, but against Michigan when he was under pressure constantly it looked much worse...

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

lot of guys I saw talked about his arm being a concerned when the pocket took away ideal conditions.  Ideal conditions Bryce is fine.  But playing QB in the NFL means you don't get those often.  He doesn't have the arm strength when the pocket collapses and isn't set to make all the throws you want your QB to be able to make.  And that's largely framed as what you would be expecting from a #1 overall give up picks for type player.   And his size becomes an issue not just durability, but it limits his ability to extend plays. 

I think most deemed him the lowest ceiling, highest floor player of the 3.  And that still might be true.  The others could of looked worse in Carolina's mess overall.  Who knows.  But I still think the lowest ceiling part is probably true. 

It's kind of funny, because several analysts stated it backwards.  Young shined in college when a play broke down and that is when (aside from the UGA game) Stroud struggled.  It just shows you drafting a QB can just be a crapshoot sometimes and requires them going to the right system and a little bit of luck...

Personally I thought Stroud had the highest floor because he was close to perfect when everything was going right.  I thought his floor was Goff with a higher ceiling.  I kind of thought Young was the gamble but one teams would be concerned about passing up based on some of the "magic" he created in college.  Stroud was the safest pick IMO which I was I was wanting us to take him after what we gave up.

• Beer 1

Young has the short touch throws in his pocket.  He will never have the drive the ball on a line for 30 yards type of juice. To almost ‘will’ it there just ahead of a closing defender? You hope he knows better.

1 hour ago, strato said:

Young has the short touch throws in his pocket.  He will never have the drive the ball on a line for 30 yards type of juice. To almost ‘will’ it there just ahead of a closing defender? You hope he knows better.

The thing I've noticed about Bryce is that he is/was not a gambler on his throws. He almost obsessed about not making a mistake.  But he didn't make many in college. After the first Atlanta game those picks got to him I think. Then Frank started that "keep it in the neighborhood" crap and started taking more control over the plays for some reason.  The whole thing was dysfunctional from the jump.

Edited by Jon Snow

Still is. 

edit: He doesn’t need to gamble.

IMO His arm strength did not afford him the edge he had against college guys and he knew it. He either figures it out or not but he does/did not have the margin he was used to. 

Edited by strato

I will give the organization points. Morgan is doing what looks like a real good job overall, we will see how the draft ball bounces.

The offense is dysfunctional until I see it function. 26-0, 9-0.