• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Diontae @ X

27 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

idk I don't see Thielen having the speed to work on the outside at this stage of career. he was deadly in the first half of season when he was going against linebackers and nickel corners. but once defenses noticed that and schemed against thielen, he was taken out of the offense. however, thielen is still a reliable receiver and hopefully with the addition of diontae and possible draft picks, we can spread the defense out more

He doesn’t have the speed for the outside.   He doesn’t have the speed for small ball slot.  I’d like his reps decreased and more situational.    He wasn’t deadly IMO.  We were the least threatening O on the NFL going through Thielen…..his yards per touch were sad.  That’s what I call him a glorified TE at this stage.  And he isn’t getting faster. 

and he is a double edge sword IMO given Bryce is the QB.  That’s where he is going to go….I wouldn’t care as much about him with a different QB

8 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Thielen will be fine if we had two other receivers that drew coverage. He's a 3rd and 4th down chains mover at this point in his career

I think Thielen would be fine in a vertical offense where slot play isn't prioritized and essentially is a later read.  In a dink and dunk offense.....the slot is prioritized different.  I don't care what they are selling a disgruntled Johnson.  The X isn't going to be the main target/look for Bryce.  He can only run the slant so many times before defenses sit on it and take that away.  Then what's Bryce going to do over there. 

Just now, Mistuh Jones said:

Correct, but the 6 inches in height makes quite the difference 

Leggette is 6'1 and Coleman is 6'3.   

Leggette has a better vertical jump and IMO is the better athlete.  Which is why Leggette had better numbers with contested balls by a fair margin. 

Like I said, I get not liking Leggette.  I just don't get disliking Leggette and wanting Coleman. 

• Beer 1