• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dane Brugler Carolina Panthers projection rd 2 and 3

Giving just a bit of the rds for copywriter reasons 

I honestly cannot see this happening tonight for the Panthers   I see either a CB and linebacker or CB AND CENTER 

im sharing as many on here follow Dane 

33. Buffalo Bills (from CAR): Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas

34. New England Patriots: Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia

35. Arizona Cardinals: Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

Between DeJean’s versatility and the Cardinals’ needs in the secondary, this is a team-player pairing that made a ton of sense in the first round — and makes even more sense in Round 2.

36. Washington Commanders: Patrick Paul, OT, Houston

37. Los Angeles Chargers: Junior Colson, LB, Michigan

38. Tennessee Titans: Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois

39. Carolina Panthers (from NYG): Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama

40. Washington Commanders (from CHI): Marshawn Kneeland, Edge, Western Michigan

41. Green Bay Packers (from NYJ): Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M

51. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jackson Powers-Johnson, G/C, Oregon

55. Miami Dolphins: Zach Frazier, G/C, West Virginia

65. Carolina Panthers: DJ James, CB, Auburn

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I mean at this point the rest of the NFL clearly already knows our Draft board - so it's a good bet this is how we want it to play out 

Yeah it really messed us up getting the guy we were trying to get the whole time…

• Pie 3

Just now, OldhamA said:

Worked out so well with Bryce.

lol what a complete pivot?  You were mad other teams knew our board.  I'm saying it changed nothing.  You are clearly wanting to be upset about something here...

• Pie 2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

lol what a complete pivot?  You were mad other teams knew our board.  I'm saying it changed nothing.  You are clearly wanting to be upset about something here...

we gave up draft ground and lost the ability to trade out of 33, I wouldnt say it was nothing

• Poo 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

we gave up draft ground and lost the ability to trade out of 33, I wouldnt say it was nothing

It was a 5th for a 6th to get the player we wanted. If it was one you wanted you would care less. 

• Pie 1

Look XL wasn't my top choice but it was clearly the guy our staff wanted.  The trade it a lot of nothing for contract structure and assurance.  People on here will find a reason to be upset about any little thing.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

It was a 5th for a 6th to get the player we wanted. If it was one you wanted you would care less. 

its 59 spots, saying you flip picks is disingenuous and again the ability to maneuver the 33 pick if you wanted as XL would still be there and quite possibly even at 39 or wherever you trade to in between if that was the strategy.  Feels like the corral move, feels like the DJ move.  Panicking for no reason

• Poo 2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Look XL wasn't my top choice but it was clearly the guy our staff wanted.  The trade it a lot of nothing for contract structure and assurance.  People on here will find a reason to be upset about any little thing.  

I said in the initial XL thread I would be fine with him at 39 if we can get a starter locked in at 33 or a trade down.  Not completely down on the kid but wasnt my first choice either.  Def think Ladd would be better for young if that is the plan

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

its 59 spots, saying you flip picks is disingenuous and again the ability to maneuver the 33 pick if you wanted as XL would still be there and quite possibly even at 39 or wherever you trade to in between if that was the strategy.  Feels like the corral move, feels like the DJ move.  Panicking for no reason

59 spots late into the 5th round. Try to paint it as negatively as you want it’s really nothing that serious. 5th and 6th rounders are usually depth/special team players. It wasn’t a panic as much as a cap structure decision. Buffalo wouldn’t have traded it away if they were set on drafting XL. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

59 spots late into the 5th round. Try to paint it as negatively as you want it’s really nothing that serious. 5th and 6th rounders are usually depth/special team players. It wasn’t a panic as much as a cap structure decision. Buffalo wouldn’t have traded it away if they were set on drafting XL. 

“I think once the wideouts were taken—Brian Thomas was taken and then I felt like there was gonna be a little run on wideouts after that,” he stated. “Then Xavier Worthy got taken. And we liked some of those guys and with Xavier [Legette] out there, we were just like—we don’t wanna put ourself in a bad situation to where we’re not gonna be able to get the guy we wanna get. He was our target, we really liked him and we went and got him.”

Kindof sounds like it though,  I mean they literally had the next pick.  Sounds eerily similar to fitt on dj johnson