• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Islanders Game 5 Round 1 7:30

NY fans think they have the edge top to bottom roster wise and that’s just silly. 

they think they have the advantage in special teams but Carolina was better on PP and PK during the season. 

the only advantage NY has is goalie and I don’t think that gap is that big. 

• Flames 1

15 hours ago, Harbingers said:
That said we gotta figure something out whether moving Guentzel to the second line. Cause the rags are going to do the exact same “shut down Guentzel” technique. 

15 hours ago, PantherChris said:

Deff need possibly separate Guentzel and Aho.

Kinda weird how Ole Jakey ended up on a milk carton when we took his Jarvy away...

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Kinda weird how Ole Jakey ended up on a milk carton when we took his Jarvy away...

I mean he’s still at .8 point per game but ya. I think it had a lot to do with the islanders game planning around shutting him out of the bumper and keeping him off the puck. I expect the rags to do the same. Will they be as effective will be question. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

I mean he’s still at .8 point per game but ya. I think it had a lot to do with the islanders game planning around shutting him out of the bumper and keeping him off the puck. I expect the rags to do the same. Will they be as effective will be question. 

I wish we had tried Jarvis at C this year I know Rod won't do it in the playoffs but we would have two high threat lines if he had I fully believe Jarvy is our future 1B center.

I mean 

Guetzel-Jarvis-Necas 

Svechnikov-Aho-Turbo  

Switch the wings however honestly but that gets our best scoring forwards on the ice together....

Heck I think even putting Turbo at 2c like he did last year helps create two awesome scoring lines.

Guentzel-Aho-Jarvis

Svechnikov-Turbo-Necas (this wing pairing has created a ton of offense even with regular season KK) 

Having two lines that can score at anytime is huge.

I've seen Rags fans saying "there is no spot on their roster were the Canes are better" just lol 

Our D core is much better we have more guys that can take over a game and more depth.... 

The only spots that are at worst less than a push are goalie (slight advantage NY) and 2C. 

Their reasoning is oh our guys had more points lol (it's like they can't math if Guentzel had a full year as a Cane he was pacing 140 points....)

Not to mention Rods system (everyone being a full time 2 way player) artificially deflates our top guys point totals....  on anther team Aho is a 120P guy 

• Beer 1