• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Off-season Thread

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Unless the Canes let about every UFA walk, there's no way. The money just isn't there. 

Make the decision, keep Gunetzel and risk the long term success of the team, or let him go and continue to put a winning product on the ice.

Or…. Sign him and bet on our prospects like Morrow and Nikishin or How ever you spell his name. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69

I just don’t see how we can let both Guentzel and Necas go. Ago, Jarvis, and Svech can’t carry the scoring by themselves. And don’t think that we could get anyone close to their level in free agency or trade. 
As for goalie, I would rather use our first round pick on a top tier goalie rather than part of a Necas swap. We could still trade Necas but would rather maximize his value. 

1 hour ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I just don’t see how we can let both Guentzel and Necas go. Ago, Jarvis, and Svech can’t carry the scoring by themselves. And don’t think that we could get anyone close to their level in free agency or trade. 
As for goalie, I would rather use our first round pick on a top tier goalie rather than part of a Necas swap. We could still trade Necas but would rather maximize his value. 

Koochie is much better than any 1st round goalie. And he is proven and ready. From December on Koochie was the 3rd ranked goalie in the league. Rod blew it not playing him more. 

48 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Koochie is much better than any 1st round goalie. And he is proven and ready. From December on Koochie was the 3rd ranked goalie in the league. Rod blew it not playing him more. 

Don’t get me wrong, I love Koochie. I think he could be a star. But I’m not convinced Rod trusts him. And I realize my post was confusing. I meant based on the reports of swapping Necas for Ullmark or another goalie. If we’re going to trade for a goalie I would rather use draft picks instead of lowering the value of Necas.

1 hour ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love Koochie. I think he could be a star. But I’m not convinced Rod trusts him. And I realize my post was confusing. I meant based on the reports of swapping Necas for Ullmark or another goalie. If we’re going to trade for a goalie I would rather use draft picks instead of lowering the value of Necas.

That’s fair but we must trust the process. If rod doesn’t trust Koochie then we are doomed. He wants to keep trotting out very after vet vs a promising young developed player. The key there is developed. They moved on from Ned. Koochie is that guy. I talked to Shane in person about him and the consensus is they believe koochie is the future and will absolutely be a star. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

That’s fair but we must trust the process. If rod doesn’t trust Koochie then we are doomed. He wants to keep trotting out very after vet vs a promising young developed player. The key there is developed. They moved on from Ned. Koochie is that guy. I talked to Shane in person about him and the consensus is they believe koochie is the future and will absolutely be a star. 

That’s good to know. I’ve never been a fan of Freddie. And obviously none of the other guys have been inspiring. 

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Trade rumors today. Guentzel was offered 8x8 by us and Necas for Saros straight up. 

Guentzel has probable offers in the 10x7 range on the market. I’d be shocked if he took that. 

the Saros trade is a massive blockbuster that has more than Necas and Saros in it. 

Edited by carpanfan96

12 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Guentzel has probable offers in the 10x7 range on the market. I’d be shocked if he took that. 

the Saros trade is a massive blockbuster that has more than Necas and Saros in it. 

Saros just doesn’t move the needle for me in a Necas trade. I would love to have him but would rather trade a draft pick for him than water down the return on Necas. 

Also hope they can find a way to keep Guentzel. 

13 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

That's the "top" of his expected contract range, there is more too it than that though taxes for one..... out of the teams with the cap space to sign him NC has one of the lowest tax rates....  4 of them are Canadian teams (10m a year there is about 8m here because of taxes)

He will also likely want a contender (weeds out literally every team with more cap than we currently have)

By all accounts Guentzel wants to test the market the team most consider targeting him (the canucks) would need to offer him 11×7 to make it equal to 8x7 from us.

• Pie 1