• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

American Idol tiers

g5jamz

as of March 29 - and my opinion only. I feel that more women watch it than men, and that's why you've seen the "bad" women out first. I think we'll start seeing the "bad" men from tier 3 fall the next few weeks, with maybe a surprise in Tier 2, but doubtful.

Tier 1 (in no particular order)

Casey James - mad guitar skillz...but he needs to spit the dip out before singing

profile_photos_90x180.jpg

Mike Lynche - solid

Crystal Bowersox - she's still got a couple of shades of teeth whitening left...but insane good

Siobhan Magnus - still a favorite, but ditzy as heck

Tier 2

Aaron Kelly - looks like a caricature or a Mad Magazine character.

Lee Dewyze - don't know if America is ready for another soul patrol...

Katie Stevens - has disappointed but she's got crazy skills. Hope the next time she belts it out and doesn't sound so suppressed.

Didi Benami - niche voice...tough to win a competition with that voice. Reminds me of the one-armed tattoo chick from last year

Tier 3 - one should go home this week...

Andrew Garcia - was awful last week. Don't know what to say...thought he was amazing at the outset, but fallen off badly. I mean off a cliff bad. Has to get original...in a good way.

Tim Urban - no relation to Keith Urban. Has had one good week...that's about it. I didn't think last week's was horrible, but he's not in the same class.

Move Katie Stevens & Casey James down a level and you'd have it right.

Katie needs a few years with a coach before she is ready. Great raw talent but no control and little idea what to do with it.

Casey is just a mediocre vocalist on his best day.

I could see that...

I guess I was just tiering based on what I think the general public thinks. I don't see Casey in any danger of being voted out for quite a while.

Talentwise...I would agree with you. I'll do a prediction tiering post-Tuesday performances.

Archived