• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For Bryce Young and Dave Canales, the emphasis is on details

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, trucpfan said:

How did he perform so well in college with these crazy wild mechanics. He's so far off I'm confused how he dominated at Bama. It shows the gap of talented players between college to the pros and it's not to be underestimated. 

It's school ball. People way over compare the 2 but any NFL team would roll the kids on any school team hard. Those teams have a couple at best ready to be rookies in the NFL and the other are grown men who are professionals who are an entire roster of those couple of guys with years or experience at that level.

It's like asking why were they so good in HS and failed in college? Because one is ridiculously easy compared to the other.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I still cannot believe what I witnessed last season. Nothing about that staff turned out to be Allstars. For a group that claimed to be all in on a qb they did absolutely nothing to help him be a better qb or win games. That offense was horrendous. 

They may have been all in, just on a different QB. 

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Then why didn't they take that qb?

Same reason they moved up to #1 despite not doing so at the time for a specific player.   Tepper does what he wants with his team.  Tepper picked Bryce.   

Image result for david tepper

Nothing says Frank wanted to do this experiment in Carolina with a unicorn rookie QB.   I still think the reporting was true, there was a big internal split.  Tepper won.  Same time it was reported they were divided, Frank world people were on TV pimping hard for CJ and that Frank simply had a type for his O.   CJ was the best fit of the big 3 for Frank. 

I think drafting Bryce was fine.  But then they shouldn't of hired Frank.  I think Frank would have been an okay Fox/Ron type hire...if they gave him what he wanted. 

• Pie 3

16 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I still cannot believe what I witnessed last season. Nothing about that staff turned out to be Allstars. For a group that claimed to be all in on a qb they did absolutely nothing to help him be a better qb or win games. That offense was horrendous. 

I agree 100%

Enjoyed blackened prime rib from my favorite steak house here in Reno last night.  Thought I'd share with a fellow prime lover. 

20240520_193317.jpg

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Footwork can seriously deteriorate behind a bad offensive line. Unfortunately, our offensive line was very offense last season, to Bryce.  The best in the game lose their footwork in those situations.  For that matter, that's how you beat the best QB's in the game, by getting them out of their rhythm.  Getting up in their face, preventing them from stepping up, and getting them off their platform. 

Footwork also has to be consistently worked on to be consistently good. It's not like riding a bike. 

Plus, with a new head coach, that is QB focused,  installing a new system, is going to (or should be, frank) teach the QBs how they want their offense to.be executed. 

It's not just Bryce being taught, it's every QB on the team. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Same reason they moved up to #1 despite not doing so at the time for a specific player.   Tepper does what he wants with his team.  Tepper picked Bryce.   

Image result for david tepper

Nothing says Frank wanted to do this experiment in Carolina with a unicorn rookie QB.   I still think the reporting was true, there was a big internal split.  Tepper won.  Same time it was reported they were divided, Frank world people were on TV pimping hard for CJ and that Frank simply had a type for his O.   CJ was the best fit of the big 3 for Frank. 

I think drafting Bryce was fine.  But then they shouldn't of hired Frank.  I think Frank would have been an okay Fox/Ron type hire...if they gave him what he wanted. 

I've heard all of that before. I still have a hard time with that theory.  I just can't see Tepper forcing a qb on Frank that he didn't want or believe in. It doesn't excuse Franks ineptitude in all this in any capacity. Both qbs were there and was the first 2 taken. 

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

I agree 100%

Enjoyed blackened prime rib from my favorite steak house here in Reno last night.  Thought I'd share with a fellow prime lover. 

20240520_193317.jpg

That looks like a damn good steak. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

Mouth watering, melt in your mouth tender, full of flavor.  

It is a must have every time I come through Reno. 

As soon as I saw that picture my mouth started watering. I will have to make it a mission to get me one of those.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've heard all of that before. I still have a hard time with that theory.  I just can't see Tepper forcing a qb on Frank that he didn't want or believe in. It doesn't excuse Franks ineptitude in all this in any capacity. Both qbs were there and was the first 2 taken. 

I mean, when you got several legit insider reporters saying the same thing....I tend to buy into the disagreement existing. 

I can see Tepper, the owner of a struggling franchise suffering from horrific PR and being clowned on.....making an executive decision to hopefully change the discourse/narrative.   I mean, that's why they went up to #1 overall despite not doing it for a player.  Bryce had the best resume and believed to be the "safest" pick. 

Tepper has been in Charlotte has owned pro teams for what 5 seasons....and has now employed 7 different head coaches across his teams not counting interims?  I mean, coaches come and go.  Why would Tepper let a coach make his #1 overall franchise QB pick? He said the day he bought the team, that's when he would step in.  For those type decisions. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Every Owner in the league, signs off on the QB being selected. 

sure, but that's equating all 32 owners as doing the same thing in terms of decisions of a roster.  Which we know isn't true.  We know some owners flat out have overruled GMs/HCs on big picks. 

Now, we don't know Tepper did that.  I'm making a guess/assumption that the reporting was correct....and he trumped others inhouse. 

• Pie 1