• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Observer: Panthers likely to take WR in 2nd.

unicar15

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/panthers-searching-for-another-wide-receiver-to-help-steve-smith-348925.html

Gil Brandt is interviewed and says that he thinks Hurney is targeting a WR. He specifically mentions Brandon LaFell, Damian Williams, and Eric Decker as possibilities. Out of the three I'd probably take LaFell but I'm not crazy about any of them. That would mean that Bryant, Tate, Benn, and Thomas have all been picked already.

If it is a WR we are absolutely set on, we'll have to move up to the mid 20's or early 30's... If we don't, we lose out on Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, and Demaryius Thomas...

OR, we trade down in the second with someone who wants to come up, and we take someone like Gilyard...

I don't know that I'd want Williams, Decker, or LaFell, as none of them are all that fast on gameday, and even if they were, they might be off the board by 48 too...

Decker and LaFell will surely be there, but I'm not sure they are what we are looking for...

You never know though...

Archived