• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smoltz to Red Sox?

JefDav84

Read that. If it happens, I'll totally give up on the Braves this season and quite possibly baseball in general. If he does, I hope he gets his second ring. He does deserve it and with all the bad luck the Braves have had in the offseason after they set out to do so much, I can understand it honestly.

Read that. If it happens, I'll totally give up on the Braves this season and quite possibly baseball in general. If he does, I hope he gets his second ring. He does deserve it and with all the bad luck the Braves have had in the offseason after they set out to do so much, I can understand it honestly.

Great! We get another solid pitcher and a new fan to boot!

I would hate to see this happen. Dont do it John!

Not as a starter I hope.....middle relief, hell yeah! Bring it on. Oh and I could buy my wife a Sox "Smoltz" jersey so she can throw her Braves one away :)

OMG, the thought of how pissed she will be if this happens!

Wow... I completely give up on the Braves. What happened to the front office that was able to bring us 14 straight division titles? How in the hell do you let John Smoltz leave Atlanta? They need to just disband the entire organization now.

...Ok, maybe I'm overreacting a little bit, but damnit, how in the world do you let Smoltz leave??

Sad day. I'm with scrum on this. It's going to be hard to watch the braves this year. I doubt I'll purchase Extra Innings this year and only watch the locally televised games here (i.e. when they play the nationals).

There are two things that could have happened: Wren didn't offer smoltz enough money or smoltz didn't believe the braves had any shot at winning. Either way, it is a terrible sign for the future of the braves. I don't hold anything against smoltz.

This might be the most upsetting departure of a player in my 23 years of being a sports fan.

I'll be honest, this pisses me off a lot. The Braves have done nothing but sit on their butts this off season and the one move they try to make blows up in their faces. I'm guessing Smoltz likes the money and being on a team that wants to do something.

fire wren. he is the joke of the league now. you have a guy that has been with the team since the 14 div streak started, the best pitcher you have and you let him walk. top that off with the deals that you let get away, and make a boneheaded one for a overpaid pitcher and frank wren single handedly will make the braves the worst team in baseball and kill the fan base. until this f*cker is booted out, i wont likely follow baseball anymore like others have said. way to turn fans away franky.

Archived