• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What to look for when Training Camp begins...

The biggest battles in training camp this year will be as follows:

QB numero uno

Moore will have to compete with Clausen from the beginning. I'd be a lot more comfortable with Moore getting the nod going into the season, but don't count Clausen out.

Backup QB

One of the guys above will win this by default, but Hunter Cantwell and Tony Pike will battle it out for the third spot... IF we decide to carry 3 on the 53 man roster...

WR number two

I expect Jarrett and LaFell to have this battle sooner rather than later. It could very well mean the end of the line in Carolina for Jarrett if he doesn't hold off the rookie.

WR numbers three and four

Kenneth Moore, Armanti Edwards, David Gettis... I expect one or two of them to not make the final roster. Edwards and Gettis would be eligible for the practice squad, but I doubt we risk putting Edwards there with all we have invested in him. Moore and Gettis could very well be fighting for a spot on the roster, let alone the third WR spot. Charly Martin and Dexter Jackson are not expected to make the cut. Wallace Wright could, however, based on special teams value, and if that happens, Moore and Gettis probably won't.

Starting RG

Keydrick Vincent is gone, and I expect Bernadeau will enter camp as the starter. Don't rule out Duke Robinson or Rob Petitti here either.

Defensive Lineman

Brayton should occupy one starting end spot, with Johnson and Brown fighting for the other. Hardy is a dark horse, but I expect him to be a situational player... for now. Hilee Taylor could be in danger of losing a roster spot.

Tyler and Leonard are penciled in as our starters at DT and, barring a free agency signing, I see them sticking. Ed Johnson and Corvey Irvin will be battling for the top backup spot, while Nick Haden could be fighting for a roster spot.

SAM Backer

Most people figured James Anderson or Dan Connor would fill this spot, but with the addition of Norwood we'll see a three way fight. Connor probably has the slight edge, but don't be surprised if Norwood comes in and takes it from them. Should be one of the best fights to watch.

I hope we see Goodson battling it out for a receiver spot. I still think he's too good a playmaker not to use in some fashion.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Rashawn Jackson at least competing with Fiammetta for the starting fullback spot. I like Fiammetta, but if he plays like he did last year Jackson could very well give him a run for his money.

article from the future.

In a shocking turn of events, Dwayne Jarret was run down today by a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta in the parking lot of Panthers Mini Camp. The car was almost demolished, but Dwayne Jarrett walked away mostly unharmed. Reports indicate the Jetta almost blew up, and police were able to follow the trail of spraying fluids from the engine to the home of one Fiz from Carolinahuddle.com

After a brief and uneventful stand off, Fiz surrendered to police, screaming something drunkenly about Electro. He was charged with "Trying his best to better the team" and given a cookie.

What about the RB situation? Right now it's: 1) DWill, 2) Stewart, 3/4) Goodson/Sutton

Now that we have 2 FB's on the roster, I think the idea of using Sutton as a FB is gone. I REALLY like Sutton though, and frankly would rather have him than Goodson.

What about the RB situation? Right now it's: 1) DWill, 2) Stewart, 3/4) Goodson/Sutton

Now that we have 2 FB's on the roster, I think the idea of using Sutton as a FB is gone. I REALLY like Sutton though, and frankly would rather have him than Goodson.

This is why I think it would be best to keep Sutton at the third running back spot and really devote some time and effort to converting Goodson to a slot receiver. He brings the speed we need in the passing game and -- aside from his punt return attempts -- has shown good hands.

This is why I think it would be best to keep Sutton at the fullback spot and really devote some time and effort to converting Goodson to a slot receiver. He brings the speed we need in the passing game and -- aside from his punt return attempts -- has shown good hands.

I like this idea too....I guess on the depth chart we could keep him at rb. I dont know how, with all the receivers drafted, we can keep them all on the team.

ummmm....after last year sutton isn't going to be losing his roster spot to some UDFA FB. goodson is much more in danger of losing a spot than sutton but i doubt either one of them lose their spot to this extra FB. he's more than likely going to find himself on the PS.

we'll go with the four RBs and fiammetta. you have a new QB (which i consider moore to be) and you need to have a solid run game with a deep bench. this is one area i don't think they cut corners.

Archived