• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers finish this season with a losing record, I will leave this site.

SmootsDaddy89

I would never think of asking p55 to leave. I also doubt he'd even consider taking this silly bet...although it would be nice to see him eat some crow on this.

P55 is a well respected poster. He has had my respect for years. He is also a fellow fan I hope to meet and throw back a few beers together. That being said...

He sure has his panties in a bunch. He hates everything this team is currently doing...and won't even consider any that any good can come from the change this team is going through. So. Much so, that I feel it is pointless to debate it with him.

P55, I can't wait for this team to make you a happier man. I hope it's sooner rather than later.

I wish when you make a thread and include me that you put my name in the title so I know to check in. I feel really left out. There are already 39 posts before this one.

Would I take a bet to leave this site if we have a losing season? Why in the world would I do that? I might have taken the bait if I were 20 years old or under but seriously?????? If there are posters who want to see me gone, just put me on ignore. And cmon Smoots. Why would I want to leave all this???????? Where else can I get a stand up guy like you to make a thread about me.

Pantherclaw,

I admit I am not a fan of some of the moves we have made and obviously have been vocal about it. But you mistake my feelings about how successful we will be as hate for the team. As I said to you in another thread, I have alot invested in this team in 2010 financially as well as emotionally. I will be at every game tailgating all day and cheering for the team like I always do. The only game I expect I will miss is the Chicago game since my son is getting married that day. I might still sneak in a portable TV..............:cool:

If we go 8-8 this year I hope we win every one of them at home. If we do better I will be ecstatic. Even if we go 6-10, I hope they are all home games as well. I can't stand trudging out of BOA while opponent fans cheer and shout. Everyone knows what I think will happen but it doesn't stop me from hoping I am totally wrong. And honestly I may feel really different after going to training camp and watching the preseason.

By the way, thanks for the concern and I would be glad to drink a few beers with you anytime.

As for several comments in this thread. I don't disagree with all the moves. I felt earlier Jake wouldn't be a distraction and since we were paying him anyway we should have kept him but I understand the FO logic and can see why they let him go. But I was fine that Moore is the starter and loved seeing him do so well last Fall. And after Fox and Hurney did the amazing which is actually draft 3 quarterbacks in one year, you can see where we might be fine at quarterback as long as Moore doesn't get hurt.

I understand the whole peppers thing. After all, he didn't want to be here. And we could debate all over whether we should have let certain players go or not. Truth is we won't know what was best until we see how the replacements play this year. Am I depressed or suicidal or anything else I have been accused of? Of course not. I actually worked with depressed folks in a previous career and don't have time to sit around or be depressed. Too much to do to waste my time doing that.

Would I root against the Panthers or hope bad things for them in order to be right or win a stupid bet?? Of course not. I am a Panthers fan no matter who is on the team. I will be a Panthers fan when all these new guys are long retired, god willing and if the creek don't rise. That is why betting that the Panthers have a losing record just goes against the grain for me. I can't root against the Panthers. On Sunday I would be rooting against myself every week if I took a sucker bet like that. Do I think right now we will lose more than we win? Take away my fan card, but I do......

Will I just blindly root for the team wearing my rose colored glasses and not make comments where I feel warranted. Of couse not. But don't mistake that for hate or even disllke. Just like you can love your wife but not like her all the time, you can love the Panthers but not like what they do or the decisions they make all the time.

Sorry if this flies in the face of the convenient pre-conceived ideas folks have about me. I am a pragmatist not a pessimist. What many of you perceive as hate is simply my opinion about what the various moves will yield in terms of wins and losses.

BTW- I get a kickback from Zod for every thread like this where the post count goes over 100.

:cheers2:

P-55, if any of us were suicidal/depressed, half of us would have jumped off bridges during the Cardinals playoff game, and the other half would have thought of creative ways to kill ourselves on Sundays during the first half of last season...

BTW, if you don't have Sprint (which I wouldn't wish on anybody), that wedding might be a good time to borrow someone's phone with that Mobile TV thing.

Archived