• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

POLL: Who Will Be 2nd WR

Lilsmitty09

2nd WR?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. 2nd WR?

• Lafell
    • Jarrett
    • Moore
    • Edwards

I think Lafell will show in training camp that he's already as good as, if not better than Jarrett. If Jarrett sticks as the #2 it probably means our other WR's are not as good as advertised and we're going to be screwed.

Edwards' skill set would likely make him a better slot receiver than Jarrett, so I think he has an advantage for the #3 spot. Jarrett might not get any playing time unless Lafell struggles or gets injured. I can't say I have a problem with that.

i think fox betrays his own tendency to go with seasoned vets and goes with whoever's got the most promise in training camp... i see lafell being that guy, with edwards/jarrett fighting for WR3.

aside from smitty we have no seasoned vet at WR.

lafell's blocking ability will have him on the field as much as moose was. he may not be the best receiver (edwards might end up being better) but his true value comes in being a good receiver and excellent blocker.

i just don't see jarrett getting the starting job across from smith.

I only think Jarrett will be #2 because he did improve last year and showed he can make some athletic catches. Also, we all know how far Fox's loyalties are to some of the starters AND the guys that are supposed to be a big impact (see Colbert, Delhomme, Foster). I believe if Moore keeps on spreadin' the ball around like he has been, all of our receivers will have a chance to get into a groove. Smitty has to step up and be the teacher that he says he wants to be.

Jarrett could be the big physical possession receiver we sorely need.

I only think Jarrett will be #2 because he did improve last year and showed he can make some athletic catches. Also, we all know how far Fox's loyalties are to some of the starters AND the guys that are supposed to be a big impact (see Colbert, Delhomme, Foster). I believe if Moore keeps on spreadin' the ball around like he has been, all of our receivers will have a chance to get into a groove. Smitty has to step up and be the teacher that he says he wants to be.

Jarrett could be the big physical possession receiver we sorely need.

Yeah, I see it that way too. With Moose gone, I believe he has been most likely working hard this offseason while preparing to be the #2 guy.

The guy has awesome talent... just his production hasn't been shown obviously, but I think that will change this season coming up.

I think either Jarrett or Lafell with easily show their dominance over the other and one will be the other big receiver opposite Smitty. Edwards will be the number three playing either in the slot of lining up where Smitty would and Smitty will be in the slot. Or all Smitty, Lafell, Jarrett at wide reciever, and Edwards in the wildcat. The possibilities are endless.

At the end of the day though, if Jarrett can't block as well as Lafell it might not matter who is a better receiver.

I'm not buying the "Fox loyalty" thing. With all the people we let go this off-season I doubt that blind loyalty to vets will be much of a factor. And with all the draft picks we spent on receivers--obviously in attempt to find a legit #2--if someone (probably Lafell) proves to be as good as or better than Jarrett in camp, they will get the starting job.

I'm not buying the "Fox loyalty" thing. With all the people we let go this off-season I doubt that blind loyalty to vets will be much of a factor. And with all the draft picks we spent on receivers--obviously in attempt to find a legit #2--if someone (probably Lafell) proves to be as good as or better than Jarrett in camp, they will get the starting job.

That wasn't up to Fox. It was financial.

That wasn't up to Fox. It was financial.

Still, the fact that we invested three draft picks, two of which were pretty high, into receivers indicates that we are trying to replace Jarrett. We wouldn't select three receivers if we were comfortable with Jarrett as the #2. If Lafell shows promise in camp, he'll bump Jarrett. If not in Week 1, probably by Week 4.

Archived