• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8 starts makes Moore a grizzled vet with Panthers

scpanther22

It looks like i'm going to have to clarify my statement. I don't mind Moore not having exp its that we have no one with any elsewhere. We have Clausen a rookie and 2 young scrubs behind him. I am going on record as saying it is very foolish to go into the season with the QB roster as it stands. I would even have been fine if they had resigned McCown and then we wouldn't have needed to waste a pick on Pike.

When did teaching our Rookie QBs become a Vets job? I thought that was what a QB coach was for. Man and to think we could have been saving all that money.....:lol:

The Panthers' offense definitely has more weapons along with a competent QB for this coming season,so i'm not worried about the QB position.. With QB's Matt and Jimmy, the WR's, RB's and TE's getting good work on the passing game, I expect to see a more potent, higher scoring, less predictable offense. I want to see the TE's more involved in the passing game as I also believe the talent is there. With a good passing attack, things will open up more for Williams, Stewart & co. in the running game. Passing and running the football should feed off of one another as the offense keeps opposing defenses guessing wrong in a lot more cases or simply out-playing them.

This offense should be something to see this season if Fox can resist his past tendencies and ineptness. I think his future with the Panthers is riding on it. You are also correct, it is no longer 2003 as the Panthers shouldn't have to be held back offensively while Fox hopes to pull out a squeaker in the closing minutes of a game. There is nothing wrong with the offense going out and scoring a touchdown at every opportunity as a goal and dominating the opposing team. I would like to see the Panthers in control of more games by the 4th quarter as a result of scoring more points which should keep the defense fresh enough to close the deal.

Archived