• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

8 starts makes Moore a grizzled vet with Panthers

scpanther22

When Carolina Panthers rookie quarterback Jimmy Clausen(notes) gets confused during voluntary workouts this week, he turns to Matt Moore(notes).

“Jimmy’s coming over to me all the time with, ‘Hey what’s up with this and what’s up with this?”’ Moore said Thursday.

Moore’s answer?

“I don’t know,” he said, shrugging and smiling at the same time.

Moore then chuckled in acknowledging that with eight NFL starts, he’s suddenly the grizzled veteran among the league’s youngest group of quarterbacks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-panthers-moore

Moore not knowing how to answer Clausen's questions. Moore better start thinking like a vet asap with not knowing the answers there!! :P

He should give B.S. answers. I mean, it wouldn't help anyone, it would just be funny for him to give obviously incorrect answers.

um... if i can be a little nit-picky here... did anyone else notice how they said we picked Clausen with the 38th pick, when we actually got him at 48???

and if i were Moore, i wouldn't tell Clausen jack poo. if he wants to win this QB competition, he'd better not give Clausen any kind of help. j/k... only a team can win a Superbowl!!!

Well I guess Vinny Testaverde was the best Panthers QB we have ever had according to most people on here. He did have the most starts of any QB to ever wear a Panthers uniform.

Vinny-Testaverde.jpg

Jake only had 2 when he came to the Panthers FYI

Ooo ooo....Tom Brady had no starts the first time he started. Peyton Manning had no starts the first time he started. Joe Flacco had no starts the first time he started, as did Mark Sanchez, Joe Montana, and Bob Griese.

Everyone has to have a first start at some point. Some people do it as a rookie and succeed, some people do it after riding the pine for 8 years. The percentages of success from riding the bench and just being thrown to the wolves aren't that much different. QB success is a crap shoot.

It looks like i'm going to have to clarify my statement. I don't mind Moore not having exp its that we have no one with any elsewhere. We have Clausen a rookie and 2 young scrubs behind him. I am going on record as saying it is very foolish to go into the season with the QB roster as it stands. I would even have been fine if they had resigned McCown and then we wouldn't have needed to waste a pick on Pike.

I personally don't think it's as big of an issue as it could be. If all three were rookies I would be truly worried. That's not the case, however, Moore has been under the tutelage of both McCown, Delhomme, amongst other vets, for a few years now and no longer needs a vet from which to gather moral support. The rooks will now look to Moore for this and any mechanic advice and such will come from the QB coach.

I personally don't think it's as big of an issue as it could be. If all three were rookies I would be truly worried. That's not the case, however, Moore has been under the tutelage of both McCown, Delhomme, amongst other vets, for a few years now and no longer needs a vet from which to gather moral support. The rooks will now look to Moore for this and any mechanic advice and such will come from the QB coach.

Clearly Matt is not the Vet that a potential Franchise QB should be looking to for guidance. It wouldn't hurt if he himself had a little Veteran leadership. That comment should tell you he is still in a learning process himself. Its like the blind leading the blind.

And to beat you to it, I know there are coaches that should be doing that but it is always better to learn from someone that is in the heat of the battle every sunday.

And they all might as well be rookies. Cantwell hasn't even been on the active roster but a few weeks. Moore is the only QB with any real exp.

Archived