• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNT is unwatchable

From 2003

From the production and broadcast side, the NBC-TNT team has been receiving a lot of compliments. However, that has been overshadowed by the rash of complaints about the number of commercials during each of the first four telecasts.

Even the race teams are voicing their displeasure in this area. One team said they timed a recent broadcast, and according to their figures, there were 30 minutes of commercials for every hour of racing.

I didn't time the length of the commercials versus the amount of actual racing that was shown during the July 27 race at Pocono, but I did track the number of laps of racing versus the number of laps we missed while commercials were being shown. The result was not good news to the millions of fans who want to see a lot more racing than commercial breaks.

In the first 50 laps at Pocono, before the first caution flag, the audience was treated to 29 laps of green-flag racing. That means they missed 21 laps while various commercials and promotions for upcoming TNT shows were being shown.

In the next 105 laps, the ratio was 58 laps of racing versus 47 laps for commercials or a promo for another TNT show that we just didn't want to miss.

I guess i will dvr it next week

My favorite part is when Wally Dalenbach was daydreaming.

Alexander: Do you feel that more in 2nd than 23rd, Wally?

Wally: Huh? Feel wha?

Alexander: The wall

Wally: Oh, yea. You do.

I have to give ESPN one thing, they don't do the cheesy crap anymore. At least not to the level of FOX or TNT.

Archived