• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 10 Controversial Cartoons

scpanther22

What's wrong with Speedy Gonzales? He was a fast little Mexican mouse that out ran cats. Sure he stole cheese, but usually to feed his friends. Kind of a Robin Hood thing, I always felt.

If he's wrong, what about Pepe' Lepew? He was a smelly French skunk in search of love. Are the cartoonist saying that French men smell bad?

Several years ago the Roadrunner/Coyote cartoons were all reworked. They used to show Willy going "POOF" in the canyon below when he fell off a Cliff. The cartoon goon squad under the pretext as too violent for kids, had the cartoons take out all of these scenes. Sometimes I think we go too far to be Politically Correct!

OKAY, that's my rant for today.

from the article list

Nothing shows its age faster than humor. In 1968, having deemed 11 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons — popular in their own time two decades prior — too politically incorrect to air, United Artists withheld them from syndication. The "Censored 11" haven't aired on TV since, but clips have crept online, giving today's audiences a window into cringeworthy racist stereotypes once considered fit for Saturday-morning fun. A 1941 episode called "All this and Rabbit Stew" showed Bugs Bunny hunted by a dim-witted, black gambler (later reimagined as Elmer Fudd). In 1943, "Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs" parodied Disney's Snow White with an all-black cast. (Innovative despite its dubious content, the cartoon was named one of the 50 Greatest of All Time in 1994 based on votes from more than 1000 animation-industry professionals.) And 1944's "Goldilocks and the Jivin' Bears" likewise repopulates the popular story with an all-black cast, turning the Three Bears into jazz musicians, with many characters drawn in blackface style. It makes South Park look positively sensitive

those old cartoons and radio shows are soooo bad lol.

I was listening to this really old radio show, and it was basically two guys talking in a exaggerated "black" dialect but they wern't telling any jokes. The humor was supposed to be you just laughed at how they talked. I was with my dad and I said that I didn't get it. He said "Good."

Archived