• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yahoo Sports ranks Panthers D-line last in the league

Jbro

32. Carolina Panthers: How the mighty have fallen. A few years ago, the Panthers had a brutally tough line featuring Julius Peppers and Kris Jenkins. No, they have try-hard guy Tyler Brayton(notes) to go with a bunch of JAGs (Just A Guy) like Nick Hayden(notes), Louis Leonard(notes) and Everette Brown(notes). Rookie Greg Hardy(notes) has potential, but he needs to get his head on straight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Av.cN1yMHHSnx.EOoXs5PCpDubYF?slug=jc-dlinerankings062810

The guys dont have alot of in game playing time together, so they aren't considered solid because they are unproven. They havent played along side of each other very much, but I'm almost certain by the end of the season they'll not be considered last in the league.

I admit, I didn't read the other thread nor did I read the article, but that first paragraph screams: "HEY LOOK I KNOW THE NAMES OF THE GUYS ON THE TEAM SO I'M GOING TO TYPE THEM IN SO THAT IT LOOKS LIKE I REMOTELY KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!"

While our D-Line might suck, man, that just looked like an appeal for approval.

Carolina DL might be good....but they are ranked going into the season exactly where they should be. No way to objectively argue another team is worse on the DL (if you use the same logic applied to Carolina for the other team people think we are better than).

DT spot is just too weak. DEs could get the job done with a stud and a decent DT on the line.

Pretty much agree, our Dline was pretty bad last year, and we lost our biggest threat by far in the offseason. Does a Dline of Brayton,Hayden,RandomGuy#2,Johnson/Brown scare anyone? Underachievers, semi-solid Veterans and question marks litter our line. Might not be 32, but it is definitely at the bottom of the league.

I don't think Kemo and Lewis really scared anyone either, but they weren't the worst D-line in the league then, and they won't be this year.

BTW, the Panthers defense gave up a lot of rushing yardage last year, but they were also ranked 9th in the league in scoring defense even though they often had to defend on a short field, so I don't think they're in as bad a shape as people think.

This team has a very good defensive coaching staff, and they will be ready.

Pretty much agree, our Dline was pretty bad last year, and we lost our biggest threat by far in the offseason. Does a Dline of Brayton,Hayden,RandomGuy#2,Johnson/Brown scare anyone? Underachievers, semi-solid Veterans and question marks litter our line. Might not be 32, but it is definitely at the bottom of the league.

This.

Archived