• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeff Davidson for Head Coach!

Zod

Wow did we all watch the same game? They did not abandon the run people!!! Jake had a fumble 5 INT's he did not manage the offense, which lead to punts and giving the Card's on average starting point some where around the 40-45 yard-line constantly!! The commentators said it over and over the Turnovers and jake's in ability to move the ball when he need to not only stall's the offense but gives the opposing team great field postion...... We only ran 16 plays i believe at half time, because he was a wreak...

God hell you could even watch the replays on NFL.com and look at the time and quarters to look at why the team fell apart... It was Jake

Even after the half when i believe Fox started calling plays because we went man to man and didnt do the 5-7 yard cushions and we did some blitz that i have never seen from the panthers before, any way we stopped them and guest what Jake still messed up

F Davidson... He's done some good things but he provides no ebb and flow to our offense unless the run is working by forcing it down our opponents throat.

I say hire one of the Ryan brothers for defensive coordinator and give them a huge raise from their current position.

F Davidson... He's done some good things but he provides no ebb and flow to our offense unless the run is working by forcing it down our opponents throat.

I say hire one of the Ryan brothers for defensive coordinator and give them a huge raise from their current position.

I guy I would like to see is Shuey from the eagles, he's a preperation guy and always has his guys ready to go, and for a couple of seasons was a direct assistant to Reid and his gameplanning.

I guy I would like to see is Shuey from the eagles, he's a preperation guy and always has his guys ready to go, and for a couple of seasons was a direct assistant to Reid and his gameplanning.

Sounds good, I wasn't really familiar with him. And I'm not sure if my scenario is possible anyway because I don't think coaches/coordinators are allowed to interview for the same job position with another team while under contract. I think they have to move to a higher position... So yours makes sense.

And regardless, I'd take Rod Marinelli for D Coordinator at this point... I just want Turdo gone.

My two cents.

1) I am not going to abandon Jake simply because he had a dreadful game. And yes...it was dreadful. Disaster does not sum up his performance. Nonetheless, I still have confidence in him as a leader and a player. The comparisons between '07 and '08 are striking, and much of that has to do with who was rubbing Kalil's behind. Having said that, I believe we need to draft a quarterback EARLY either this year or next. The wave of QBs coming out in the near term is much like the talent at the running back position this past year. Its enormous. Lets take advantage of it, while we still have a veteran QB, who wins, and can get us back to the playoffs. Never forget that many teams do not have that luxury, and they are STILL trying to find that ever elusive replacement. I would prefer a Favre/Rogers esque handoff vs. the alternative.

2) I continue to curse at the television every time we sit back in a soft zone and get picked apart by quarterbacks who will...well, pick you apart! Our defensive scheme is HORSESH*T. For the 'n'th year in a row, I continue to believe that our defense performs in spite of our coaching, rather than because of it. In essense, they perform wonderfully on occassion due to their talent, and terribly, on occassion, due to the game plan. That falls squarely on the coaching staff. Beason covering Fitzgerald, our corners 10 yards off the line (AGAIN)...I'm truly speechless. Something must be done on defense, and that something has to be a change at the top. (Trgo, not Fox)

Sounds good, I wasn't really familiar with him. And I'm not sure if my scenario is possible anyway because I don't think coaches/coordinators are allowed to interview for the same job position with another team while under contract. I think they have to move to a higher position... So yours makes sense.

And regardless, I'd take Rod Marinelli for D Coordinator at this point... I just want Turdo gone.

he's gone from a coach's assistant to a lb coach in 6 years on reid's staff. only two years on the d side of the ball and has already been promoted to lb coach from quality control/assistant

Quality coach who is going to be one heck of a d coordinator one day. bio link

Thats right, I said it.

He has put together the best offense the Panthers have seen. The Panthers would keep that side of the ball, and Davidson could find a young aggressive defensive play caller who will have the boys swarming to the ball with a chip on their shoulder.

How I long to see a mean Panthers defense who feel insulted when even 5 yards is given up on a play.

I can't get behind that.

I'd be happy if we just got a different defensive coordinator.

Archived