• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers, Gross, and Fox

unicar15

ALL NEED TO STAY!! The two players are a given to most Panther fans but I'm hearing a ton of "fire Fox" flying around here. Am I happy that we layed an egg last night?? No...but firing a coach that just led us to 12 wins, the #2 seed in the playoffs, and rebuilt our running game is not the answer. He needs to stop being so damn loyal to Trgocrap and get someone in here who is going to fully utilize all the damn 1st rounders on that side of the ball.

Change needs to happen and I guess if firing Fox is the only way to fire Trgocrap then so be it but if there is anyway to retain Fox and get rid of Delhomme and Turdovac then that is the way it needs to be done.

ALL NEED TO STAY!! The two players are a given to most Panther fans but I'm hearing a ton of "fire Fox" flying around here. Am I happy that we layed an egg last night?? No...but firing a coach that just led us to 12 wins, the #2 seed in the playoffs, and rebuilt our running game is not the answer. He needs to stop being so damn loyal to Trgocrap and get someone in here who is going to fully utilize all the damn 1st rounders on that side of the ball.

Change needs to happen and I guess if firing Fox is the only way to fire Trgocrap then so be it but if there is anyway to retain Fox and get rid of Delhomme and Turdovac then that is the way it needs to be done.

As long as Fox stays, Trgo willl stay unless someone above him in the organization demands otherwise. This may give Peppers reason to consider other options in FA; he and the other defensive players can't be happy with the defensive schemes and playcalling. We may not have much choice but to resign Gross just to keep continuity on the OL.

I agree with the Fox needs to go talk. He is the ring leader of the stupid assistant coaches club. He is and always will be loyal to Turdo and company. The root of the problem is Fox, not Turdo, not Davidson, and not Jake. Fox only sells Vanilla and if vanilla doesnt work then your SOL.

I'm new here but I'm a Carolina Panther's fan. I was mad at Fox last night because any quarterback can have a bad game. I was mad that we continued to reinforce failure by allowing Jake to throw the ball. IMO, we should have forced the Cards to stop our run game with Williams, Stewart, and Hoover pounding the ball then switch to hitting quick outs to keep them honest. I think Jake, having played second fiddle to Warner in the past, tried to "keep up" with Kurt when he was stripped on the ball (btw, that was a honest good defensive play for the cards) and we all know that Jake is not Kurt Warner. Jake then forced too many throws and it cost us the game. Our defense was placed in horrible field positions due to the turnovers on Jake behalf and I can't rightly blame them when the Cards have a good offense. By halftime our defense had played 2/3s of the time. I saw these when we played New York and we put 6 dbs on the field in OT (Ward ran down to the ten or seven yardline) when Jacobs and Ward were bleeding us out with their running. Jake got us this far and I for one was content to not bitch about him then. I think some new assistants should be brought in but Fox is a good coach. He needs to learn from this.

I agree with keeping Fox too, but the rest of the coaching staff definitely needs to be re-evaluated and shaken up. Special teams was great this year, but the defense needs some serious work.

Agree.

BUT

The question is.. Will anything change if Fox is staying.

We let go an Offensive Coordinator, who by the way, turned around and did pretty good for a Miami team that was horrid last year.

We are know talking about letting go of a D-Coordinator, who probably never should have been D-Coordinator to begin with when there were certainly other, better candidates.

At what point, in replacing a coaching staff, or having that discussion, does the finger not turn to the headcoach?

It is a non-sequitor to me. The buck stops with the head coach.

If Fox changes his cronies out and gets a decent D-coordinator, my opinion changes; but, mark my words, there will be no changes by Fox unless he is 'forced' to do it.

..and this coming season, the schedule is much harder, 8-8 or worse, coming up as we do not have the draft choices for any impact players or salary cap room for free agents.

Archived