• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trent Guy

tattoorhino

I could see us keeping him if -- and only if -- he was very good in the return game. I like what I've heard about the Guy, but I just don't see how he's going to make the roster. I actually see us cutting Jarrett, but I think the six receivers we'll keep are as follows:

Smith

LaFell

Moore

Edwards

Gettis

Wright

I could see us keeping him if -- and only if -- he was very good in the return game. I like what I've heard about the Guy, but I just don't see how he's going to make the roster. I actually see us cutting Jarrett, but I think the six receivers we'll keep are as follows:

Smith

LaFell

Moore

Edwards

Gettis

Wright

I say we keep Guy as a returner. A lot of people are talking about keeping Witherspoon just for returns but it sounds like Guy is a lot better reciever than Witherspoon is cornerback. It sounds like Guy has impressed catching punts. Just a thought...

Smith

LaFell

Moore

Edwards

Gettis

Wright

If you right then it is likely that Guy is fighting with Gettis for a spot. Seems to me that Guy is our Taye Biddle of camp. I am sure I will like him when I see him at camp as well. I am always a sucker for the Jason Carters and Taye Biddles every year.

• 2 weeks later...

I had originally made a thread about Guy right after we signed him and included some highlights, but no one seemed interested lol... Anyway, I bumped this one though b/c the initial reports out of camp had him looking the part, but I didn't see him at all when we played the Ravens.

Was he injured? I was even more intrigued about not noticing him Thursday night b/c Smitty, for some reason, seemed to randomly pick him out of all the guys and shower him with praise:

QUOTABLE

"From OTAs to training camp, man. In OTAs, he was quiet, ran pretty decent routes. We came to training camp, and my man had no mental errors, no mess-ups, running great routes, knowing exactly where to line up, he's picture perfect. He was doing everything right. I was like 'Wow.'

"He took his opportunity and his break and he took advantage of it, did what he was supposed to do. And it showed, you could see it. I think he's done a fantastic job, done exactly what a rookie is supposed to do, is coming in and doing it and doing it well. He's done a good job."

-- Smith, on his impressions of rookie wideout Guy.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/08/16/1627262/healthy-players-help-panthers.html

Trent Guy > Armanti Edwards

Like I said in the topic, quit talking sh*t towards AE. He did not drop a single punt like he was during summer workouts/training camp. He made 10+ yards & first down with his first reception of the game (plus he hasn't played WR since high school) & maintained a fine avg yardage with punt returns, and this is his first game in the NFL as a WR/PR!!! If you guys are true Panther fans, you'd support him & cheer him on since he is an Appalachian State graduate. I am an ASU graduate myself (class of '10) & have been watching what he's capable of for the past 4 years so I know what I'm talking about. He can run, dodge, dash, & probably kick your ass if he wanted to. Quit being pussies:mad:

:)

Archived