• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

all this NEGATIVITY..!

xtheronx

i have to say..

i used to LOVE posting and reading up on the panthers on the huddle... was on here every day... definitely my FAV website...

but after EVERY loss this blog goes BERSERK..!!!!

i have stop coming on here because of all the crazy posts ...

eg..

start stewart over williams (before we ever saw him in pads.. and before williams got his chance)

fire fox..

cut delhomme... (or start Carr.. remember that!??)

trade peppers...

i can understand being disappointed... but the panthers aren't going to win EVERY game... and aren't going to win a super bowl EVERY year...

carolina has a GREAT young team that will contend for a while...

let's look forward to next season and support our team..!!!

Trading Peppers is a HUGE possibility right now.

Seeing as how we have never had back to back winning seasons, I wonder how we are going to contend for awhile?

It would be different if it was actually a game that was played, a loss is fine, but what happened Saturday was inexcusable for a "professional" team.

If we lose by 3, or 7, or hell if we were even competitive in that game I bet not many people say too much.

It's not negativity,we and I hope you do want the best possible team, and I'm not going to stop supporting this team. I just want this organization to be the best and in order to be the best we have to make changes. I like Jake and the back story of 2003 but in all honesty he showed signs saturday night that he is not a top tier quarterback, we need improvements on the defense overall. The rest of team can get it done, new qb, and overhaul the defense.

thats just the kind of fans we have. spoiled and unrealistic. if we dont make it all the way the season is useless and our players are garbage. half of the crowd left by the 3rd quarter. the team keeps this in mind. i had a chance to make the season finale in new orleans and even though they had nothing to play for and down by twenty points going into the fourth, their fans stayed with them throughout and gave them a standing ovation heading off the field. as much as i cant stand the aints, i wish our fans had a little more realism, appreciation, and class

oh .. ok...

i guess you were thinking we weren't going to the super bowl before we lost to AZ then...

because that's the same team we have now...

brilliant. brilliant. brilliant. Did I mention that your post was brilliant?

Everyone (most everyone) was sure that the SB was ours.... with Jake, with Fox, with Peppers, and with Turdo...

and now all of a sudden, one bad loss later, and the team won't even hit .500 next year.

One good thing about the loss... now we know a bit more about our fanbase

one loss and half of em scatter like roaches

Back when I used to be a little more naive, I always thought this aura of constant negativity was exclusive to this forum and this fan base.

After a couple of years of browsing around looking at other teams' forums, I realized that was a weak assumption.

Let's face it. I don't care which team it is, it's the same crap over and over again...

The QB - The "face" of the franchise. I don't care if you're Peyton Manning or Gus Frerotte, they are going to get ripped by the fans at one point or another. Granted, the reasons for the pitchforks are different but there will be pitchforks whether it's because they turn the ball over, choke in December, choke in big games during the regular season, choke in the playoffs, is not a leader in the locker room, is getting paid ridiculous money that isn't worth it and on and on and on.

The coaching staff - Boy, oh boy! If the fanbases had their way in this league, half of the coaches and 75% of the coordinators and assistants would be fired every single year. Funny that a common theme is that they're tired of the "same old same old" and want change. Bottom line is that just like the rest of us, we're human. We're prone to mistakes and sometimes, you make the same ones over and over again and even when you fix them, it causes mistakes where you didn't have them before.

Why isn't this player starting? Why wasn't this player drafted? Why isn't this player cut? - Ah, the old "fan thinks they know better than the front office" or "Monday Morning Armchair QB" trick. For every forum, there are some posters that really know their stuff and base their ideas on logic and common sense. Unfortunately, I also see the same lame generalized arguments that sound familiar to what I hear from some smuck with little credibility on radio, TV, or the internet. I might not agree with posters that make sound arguments but at least I can respect their opinions. However, when it's the other kind of argument (especially if the poster is posting IN CAPS or belittles people that don't agree with them), it's really not worth replying to.

To put it short, if there wasn't this much negativity after any loss on any team forum, I could consider that abnormal. As they say, people are prone to say more when they complain than when they compliment. :lol:

brilliant. brilliant. brilliant. Did I mention that your post was brilliant?

Everyone (most everyone) was sure that the SB was ours.... with Jake, with Fox, with Peppers, and with Turdo...

and now all of a sudden, one bad loss later, and the team won't even hit .500 next year.

One good thing about the loss... now we know a bit more about our fanbase

one loss and half of em scatter like roaches

That's a good post, BUT:

I'd venture to say most Panther fans felt they had a chance for a Lombardi despite TRGO. I believe the Panther defense greatly underachieved this year and has the potential with a better scheme and a piece or two to dominate.

Yep, there's blue sky in Carolina.

the team needs a new coaching staff and a qb, this bend but dont break will never get it in the nfl today, lets hope bill cowher will be here next year.

do you really think delhome and the staff are gonna do better next year, same old crap, get your hopes up and get the dagger. the carolina, cards game was the worst of all the games. atlanta should have beaten arizona, but too many:mad2: dropped balls.

jerry, bless you cause you played for the colts in 1958 with the best qb of all time. john unitas and the greatest game ever played, your were number 87, get rid of the whole coaching staff, lets get bill cowher, and trade peppers and get rid of his 12 million a year salary and get a real qb, i would love to see The Golden Calf of Bristol on this team, but he is staying for his senior year, delmone can be with his horse, false start.

gee anyone else fell this way

tachman:mad2:

That's a good post, BUT:

I'd venture to say most Panther fans felt they had a chance for a Lombardi despite TRGO. I believe the Panther defense greatly underachieved this year and has the potential with a better scheme and a piece or two to dominate.

Yep, there's blue sky in Carolina.

I should have phrased my post differently... you are right about Trgo

Archived