• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dale Jr. and 27th place are happily married again.

Carl Spackler

Seriously someone tell me the last time you've heard of a driver owning 27th place as much as him. I admit I'm a big fan of Dale Jr. but I've got to say, I look into the standings for every practice, qualifying session and race, and I'll be damned if every time it seems like I look, he's 27th. The #88 and 27th are just synonymous. Someone go look at Racing Reference and check this amazing streak he's got going out.

Seriously someone tell me the last time you've heard of a driver owning 27th place as much as him. I admit I'm a big fan of Dale Jr. but I've got to say, I look into the standings for every practice, qualifying session and race, and I'll be damned if every time it seems like I look, he's 27th. The #88 and 27th are just synonymous. Someone go look at Racing Reference and check this amazing streak he's got going out.

It's the crewchief and inferior equipment Hendrick puts him in :)

I will say its a crew chief/crew and Jr problem. Jr doesn't trust the guys. He trusts his own knowledge and he trusts Pops Eury and Tony Eury Jr. That's it. Until he gets Pops on the headset, he will not trust his crew, and he will not win races.

I know you were being sarcastic with the "inferior equipment" but I've heard Jr nut-huggers say that this is the problem. Now, I am a HUGE Jr fan. Have been since he came in (yes, only because he was an Earnhardt. Slowly learned he could drive. I've liked him since the day he hit the Busch series, before the championships). But I know when to draw the line and say "he fugged up."

Jr, get your balls back. Make due with what you have in the pits, deal with the car the best you can, get your ass to the front. That is all.

You can put Kyle Busch is any decent car with any crew chief, and he will put the car/truck up front.

The "trust" thing that Jr. head givers keep spouting is absolute bull. Jr can't communicate what the car is doing on the racetrack because he simply doesn't know. It isn't an issue of trust with the crew chiefs. Crew chiefs don't make the cars go round and round. Remember when Stewart was going to suck without Zipadelli? Also, remember when Evernham was going to put the #9 and #19 up front every week? It never happened.

Now some crew chiefs can occasionally tease the answers out of an ignorant driver and some can even watch the driver go around the track and occasionally figure out what the car is doing, but ultimately, if your driver is a dumb, lazy, and uncommitted, it doesn't much matter. For Jr., crew chief isn't going to much matter.

You can put Kyle Busch is any decent car with any crew chief, and he will put the car/truck up front.

The "trust" thing that Jr. head givers keep spouting is absolute bull. Jr can't communicate what the car is doing on the racetrack because he simply doesn't know. It isn't an issue of trust with the crew chiefs. Crew chiefs don't make the cars go round and round. Remember when Stewart was going to suck without Zipadelli? Also, remember when Evernham was going to put the #9 and #19 up front every week? It never happened.

Now some crew chiefs can occasionally tease the answers out of an ignorant driver and some can even watch the driver go around the track and occasionally figure out what the car is doing, but ultimately, if your driver is a dumb, lazy, and uncommitted, it doesn't much matter. For Jr., crew chief isn't going to much matter.

Have to agree Jr is lost on what to do to make the car better.

OP: BTW about 2 or 3 years ago harvick finished 13th for most of the year.

JR just doesnt want it like his dad did.......Unfortunately Kyle Bush is more like Earnhardt Sr then JR, and I think all it is going to take is Bush to win a Championship and he will be one of the most popular drivers

Remember everybody hated Earnhardt at the beginning also

JR just doesnt want it like his dad did.......Unfortunately Kyle Bush is more like Earnhardt Sr then JR, and I think all it is going to take is Bush to win a Championship and he will be one of the most popular drivers

Remember everybody hated Earnhardt at the beginning also

KB is the most talented driver I have ever seen, but he will never be a real popular driver in Nascar. He is one arrogant dickhead.

Either Dale Jr steps it up in the near future or he will be hunting another ride.

Rick Hendrick is not going to put up with 20th + place finshes for very long,in my opinion.

You may not understand the amount of money that is associatted with Jr. then.

Believe me, Hendrick will keep Dale in the car as long as sponsors are willing to pay double the going rate to be on his hood.

You may not understand the amount of money that is associatted with Jr. then.

Believe me, Hendrick will keep Dale in the car as long as sponsors are willing to pay double the going rate to be on his hood.

Its double the going rate for a top level NA$CAR driver and four times the going rate for a 26th place driver.

Either Dale Jr steps it up in the near future or he will be hunting another ride.

Rick Hendrick is not going to put up with 20th + place finshes for very long,in my opinion.

Damn right....I used to work for Rick. He is one of the most competetive people I have ever met. He believes in giving his employees the best technology...the best resources....but he expects you to then deliver.

Jr has ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE now. He has the best of everything with Hendrick. If he can't win there, it is all on him.

Archived