• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yahoo!: Who's that guy? Youthful Panthers hard to predict

GRWatcher

I was just answering Dockery's question, it's opinion based really some people don't think another receiver or peppers staying would have really helped this team, I happen to be one of those that do.

To your credit I think you came up with just a few quick examples. I don't know if you truly feel that JR should have done those things.

To your credit I think you came up with just a few quick examples. I don't know if you truly feel that JR should have done those things.

Actually I do wish Fox called the punt/kickoff returner earlier...would have been nice.

The reality is that the problem with our current strategy was too much too soon. Other than saving money, there was no other reason for all the cuts we made. For example saying that signing Boltin would be a mistake because he was 30 himself and soon over the hill ignores the fact that the guy he would be replacing was Moose who was 37. I don't know if Boltin would last another 5 years or if there were much better options out there who were cheaper, but we clearly could have signed a half dozen vets who would have given up more firepower this year and the next 3 or 4 without putting all our eggs in the basket we chose. We could have also kept a few of our proven veys while letting others like Peppers go.

There are other teams like Green Bay who are as youing as we are at this point and didn't resort to a wholesale dumping of vets like we did. Lets be real here, Going young was a euphemisn for going cheap, nothing more.

The reality is that the problem with our current strategy was too much too soon. Other than saving money, there was no other reason for all the cuts we made. For example saying that signing Boltin would be a mistake because he was 30 himself and soon over the hill ignores the fact that the guy he would be replacing was Moose who was 37. I don't know if Boltin would last another 5 years or if there were much better options out there who were cheaper, but we clearly could have signed a hald dozen vets who would have given up more firepower this year and the next 3 or 4 without putting all our eggs in the basket we chose.

There are other teams like Green Bay who are as youing as we are at this point and didn't resort to a wholesale dumping of vets like we did. Lets be real here, Going young was a euphemisn for going cheap, nothing more.

So sayeth a self anointed expert.

Damn, for someone who has an opinion on everything....you sure are quick to tell everyone else how wrong they are and how right you are.

Your opinion is well documented....however, it is no more valid than anyone elses.

So sayeth a self anointed expert.

Damn, for someone who has an opinion on everything....you sure are quick to tell everyone else how wrong they are and how right you are.

Your opinion is well documented....however, it is no more valid than anyone elses.

And who peed in your cornflakes. I don't see anywhere in my post where I said that disagreeing with me made you wrong or stupid. So why take it so personally. I obviously think I am right and believe that we made too many cuts, but honestly I have always said that everyone has a right to their opinion and has a right to express their opinion. We will see who is correct in a few months. And I really doubt that I will dredge up these kind of threads to rub people's noses in it if I am right. Unlike some who will do just that if I am wrong. What they don't know is that honestly I hope that I am wrong and that everyone plays way beyond my expectations.

After all anyone who is a Panthers fans has to hope we do awesome this year. I am just still skeptical at this point. But I also am not creating lots of threads to champion my position, just responding to others.

Archived