• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yahoo!: Who's that guy? Youthful Panthers hard to predict

GRWatcher

All of which had 3 stud, long-term, franchise QBs.

just saying

I'd hesitate calling McRib or McRapey "studs" but both the Steelers and the Pats had those QB's fall in their laps while Philly fans lustily boo'd the front office when they made their pick.

Of course teams have to change. Otherwise they are like Dinosaurs who went extinct. The question isn't about changing but balancing between changing enought versus changing too much at one time. The Pats were a perfect example last year. They have always felt that they could change parts at will and not drop off. But IMO the lack of a pass rush and vulnerability last year were due to getting rid of too many core players. They were tied with us for 23rd last year.

They made the playoffs and they have an extra 1st next year.

2 words Anquan Boldin. Sorry but that would have cost us but we would instantly have one of the best Duos in the NFL.

I don't think it would've worked out well, but I think that is way more feasible than some of the other options.

but the difference with those teams and ours are we let good guys walk for free, while they get compensated for getting rid of there old guys.(i do realize we might get a 3rd rounder for pep).

what do you mean get compensated for getting rid of there old guys?

if you mean by trade, then yes, they get something back in the trade..

if you mean by letting them walk, you're still right, because you are rewarded an extra draft pick based on the talent of that player..

I guess you get more from a team if you can dupe that team into handing over more than what the NFL might reward you.. and there is the time factor in the latter example..

our backup olinemen we lost are an example of where we will receive compensation..

(I don't know exactly how they determine the extra picks, just that they do)

but the difference with those teams and ours are we let good guys walk for free, while they get compensated for getting rid of there old guys.(i do realize we might get a 3rd rounder for pep).

No way would those teams let Pro Bowlers like Asante Samuel, Brian Dawkins or Joey Porter just walk!

Archived