• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

if you could tweak anything in nascar what would it be??

Mayor Qumiby

Pocono loses it's July/August date, the slot is given to Chicagoland.

The chase opener vacated by Chicagoland goes to Las Vegas. The awards banquet is held in Vegas so it makes sense, also Vegas has been craving a 2nd date, puts butts in the seats, and has provided quality racing since the track was modified.

Remove New Hampshire's September date, reward it to Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Shorten Pocono's remaining date to a 400 mile event

Take a date from Kansas, reward it to Darlington. Put the 2nd Darlington race in the Labor Day weekend slot. Darlington's May Date becomes a 400 mile race, the Southern 500 goes back to its traditional Labor Day slot. Put the Atlanta date in Kansas' June date.

Remove the June date from Michigan, reward it to Iowa Speedway.

Other changes;

Put the Chase for the Cup back to ten drivers. Having twelve drivers in the chase is rewarding mediocrity as Tony Stewart once put it.

If rain effects qualifying, allow the remaining cars to attempt to qualify the following day.

Nascar on Fox to drop the digger gimmick.

Do something to ensue full time Cup drivers aren't winning the Nationwide Series Championship every season. As to how to do that I have absolutely no idea.

Do something to ensue full time Cup drivers aren't winning the Nationwide Series Championship every season. As to how to do that I have absolutely no idea.

I definitely agree with getting rid of these guys. Perhaps making a rule that if you have won five Cup races, you can no longer race in the Nationwide series or only have limited participation (2-3 races a year).

Bring back the older tracks in the Southeast, especially Rockingham and North Wilkesboro. NASCAR alienated its die-hard fanbase and seems to have forgotten its roots in recent times.

Run every event like they run the Shootout in Charlotte. Heats of 20-50 laps IMO are much more interesting and makes the sport watchable as opposed to the long, drawn out 4 hour marathons.

- Have only one race at Pocono, and make it 400 miles

- Have only one race at New Hampshire, and make it 350 miles

- Give one date to a road course

- Give the other date to a new short track

- Either make the Chase to 10 drivers or extend the chase to 12 races

- Eliminate Talladega from the Chase

- Bring the Chase to Nationwide, however, Cup regulars cannot participate in it

- Have separate heat races for Cup regulars in Nationwide. That way, the fans will still come.

- Tweak the points system so that no points are earned after a certain position (to discourage junked cars from returning)

Yea i do like the idea of cutting the races a bit shorter. Not only would it makes the drivers " race" every lap, like they do in the shootout. To often I hear drivers say they were just hanging back and waiting. Plus it would save teams money in the long run cutting cost on fuel and tires.

Let the top 15 drivers make the chase instead of the current 12.

Do away with restrictor plates.

Do away with all the road course races.

Replace road course races with tracks similar to Bristol.

Limit the number of races a Spring Cup driver can enter in the Nextel and Truck series.

Archived