• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Edwards = Vincent Jackson

CanadianCat

The Panthers are a run first and defense first team. There is no way that this team will have that much money tied up in a 2nd WR....just accept it.

Agreed! Anyone who thought we were going to pay anywhere near Vincent Jackson money for a player this year is absolutely insane.

1.) The panthers will probably never ever sign a player who is currently suspended.

2.) JR aint paying out anywhere that kind of money this year. The man is making a statement and sticking to his guns.

3.) You all better just hope we re-sign all our current starts next year, let a lone look for new ones.

After all they attempted to do with the passing game with the draft, OTAs, and camp... this statement is no longer true. They are a run first team because their passing game currently sucks.

Of course they tried to address it, but they tried to address it with young, cheap players -- not players that would command large salaries, a la Vincent Jackson.

It does no good to compare what we gave up in terms of draft picks when the real reason we didn't go after Jackson and other big receivers was money.

Proven talent that will be suspended to start the year, wants a MASSIVE contract, is holding out because of said contract demands and is one beer (maybe gin and juice) away from at least a year long suspension.

DO IIIITTTT HURNEY

People were saying the exact same thing about Jared Allen. Boy did Minnesota screw themselves on that trade!

I'd rather see Hurney roll the dice on a proven Stud who has a few issues, instead of a rookie project who may never be able to play in the NFL.

People were saying the exact same thing about Jared Allen. Boy did Minnesota screw themselves on that trade!

I'd rather see Hurney roll the dice on a proven Stud who has a few issues, instead of a rookie project who may never be able to play in the NFL.

You're right. Since it worked once for Allen, we shouldn't take any character/behavioral/"guy is a fuging lush" issues into context from here on out.

We should also definitely be leaping at the chance to throw $50 million at a #2 WR as we're a pass-heavy team.

Jackson was a late second round pick who took years to develop, and he had a pro-bowl QB putting the ball right *there* for him. It will be interesting to see how he does without that.

Edwards is just as fast and has a better character. He will also work his ass off to succeed. I will be as surprised if he doesn't become a solid NFL receiver as I will to see Jackson put up pro-bowl numbers with someone like Matt Leinart throwing him the ball.

Jackson was a late second round pick who took years to develop, and he had a pro-bowl QB putting the ball right *there* for him. It will be interesting to see how he does without that.

Edwards is just as fast and has a better character. He will also work his ass off to succeed. I will be as surprised if he doesn't become a solid NFL receiver as I will to see Jackson put up pro-bowl numbers with someone like Matt Leinart throwing him the ball.

Unfortunately your average football fan has no patience and wants the all important instant gratification just like the average person wants out of everything in life these days.

Archived