• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Edwards = Vincent Jackson

CanadianCat

I love how some of you guys think its no big deal and its a no brainer to fork out 50 million dollars to a wide receiver. Who may not be worth a damn without a top 7 QB.

OMGAHHZDZZ I can believe we didn't trade the for him and spend 50 million dollars.

Btw, just so yall know. If we did trade for Jackson. Say bye bye to D-will, Stewy, or Kalil.

Kalil or Dwill or Stewy >>> Jackson. (On a running team)

Also, if it was this great of a deal... he would have already been traded for.

I'd say we'd be the top offense in the league if we landed Jackson. But what's done is done. I have confidence in Edwards, LaFell and Gettis. They will only get better. The #2 WR may very well be just a rotation of guys, which may not be a bad thing. Look at the DE. They'll give their all every chance they get. Though I won't say the same of Jarrett.

True, we have a bunch of guys that are going to want to get paid. Otah and Beason you can throw in there too. The money alone means we're not going to do it. The picks we don't have and the character concerns would be another hurdle for the ultra-conservative family friendly Panthers. It'd be nice to see him out there lined up with Smitty but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

OMFG why? Why must this team have such terrible fans? Ive said it before and i'll say it again; most of you would be much happier living in Philly and rooting for the Eagles. Then you can all throw things at your own team and collectively scream and call for someone's head everytime something doesn't go your way. I know that 90% of the people on this board are better at running a football team than the Panthers FO and we have unlimited funds to sign every one that gets face time on ESPN. But might I suggest rooting for the Cowboys since they aren't afraid to put together the mercenary squad that you all want. You know the one that wins 11 games a year but can't beat a sick puppy in the playoffs. Emo a**, chicken little, whine and cheese fan's are killing me this year. OMG this Rookie is a bust......even though he hasn't played a game yet in the NFL......OMG Clausen should start he is the man...even though he hasn't played a game in the NFL....OMG sign *insert big name guy* or our season is over...even though we haven't played a single game in the NFL this year.

OMFG why? Why must this team have such terrible fans? Ive said it before and i'll say it again; most of you would be much happier living in Philly and rooting for the Eagles. Then you can all throw things at your own team and collectively scream and call for someone's head everytime something doesn't go your way. I know that 90% of the people on this board are better at running a football team than the Panthers FO and we have unlimited funds to sign every one that gets face time on ESPN. But might I suggest rooting for the Cowboys since they aren't afraid to put together the mercenary squad that you all want. You know the one that wins 11 games a year but can't beat a sick puppy in the playoffs. Emo a**, chicken little, whine and cheese fan's are killing me this year. OMG this Rookie is a bust......even though he hasn't played a game yet in the NFL......OMG Clausen should start he is the man...even though he hasn't played a game in the NFL....OMG sign *insert big name guy* or our season is over...even though we haven't played a single game in the NFL this year.

:iagree: Thank you. About time

So you want Vincent Jackson?

You're right. Since it worked once for Allen, we shouldn't take any character/behavioral/"guy is a f**king lush" issues into context from here on out.

We should also definitely be leaping at the chance to throw $50 million at a #2 WR as we're a pass-heavy team.

I have never seen a more appropriate username in my life. Sloth is perfect for you because you are sloooooooow.

Being a run heavy team doesn't mean you only need one WR. What good is a #1 WR if he's double covered all game. You MUST have a #2 WR in todays NFL. $50 million is not that much to pay. Smitty is 31 and on the downside of his career. Jackson is 27 and could easily become our #1.

I didn't say we should take any and all guys that have character issues. But automatically saying no to a guy because he's had a few problems is just as ridiculous. My point with Jared Allen was that not all character issue guys are a cancer. This holier than thou attitude that the organization has is causing them to pass on a lot of guys than can flat out play! Gotta roll the dice every now and then (and not on a rookie who can't play dead).

that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. i'm entitled to my opinion as well and i'd like to express that for all the hype we hear about this fuging guy and how great he is he doesn't show much in his first opportunities on the field. that's all i'm saying. maybe if people didn't shove praise about this guy in our face there wouldn't be such a debate about him on here. Meanwhile, people like Greg Hardy, who didn't have fans starting threads on here about how great he is even before the draft, is playing his ass off out there and trying to make as much an impact as you can make in preseason play. Oh, and we got the pick we used on him from Oakland trading down last year.

I know the Panthers aren't dishing out multiyear big time deals but it woulden't be huge dollars for a #2 because honestly with Smittys age he would become #1 and smitty would be #2 like he wants... A damn good slot option too, I think smitty is still better but VJ would get alot of attenchion outside the NFC South... I know its not gonna happen but, its not #2 money for the guy hes a #1

Archived