• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Appreciation For Jake Delhomme

Vertical Asymtope

two of you just totally ignored my above post....

first off just because i want my qb to take care of the ball like d will takes care of the ball(i don't expect 0 ints).that makes me think d williams was a mistake,and i think fox sucks???well i'm sorry sir if you think "complaining" about our qbs turnovers is a useless subject.

who said anything about NO,it seems every time our qb woes are brought up the first comparison is brees and delhomme.wtf does that have to with delhommes decision making and his overall execution.plus i don't think delhomme would do half as good in NO system as brees would,with his overall execution lacking these pass couple games.

idc if delhomme throws 27/35 295 yds 3tds and no ints,i'd be just as happy with a 14/20 186yds no tds no ints......

some of you are ignoring the main problem which is jake needs to take care of the ball more and others use these other pathetic excuses to block out any reason that Jake needs to improve.call it what you want to help you sleep at night.

will someone actually take insight from this post?probably not,someone might jump to another conclusion about how this qb would do and why drafting a qb and benching jake blah blah blah.

first off just because i want my qb to take care of the ball like d will takes care of the ball(i don't expect 0 ints).that makes me think d williams was a mistake,and i think fox sucks???well i'm sorry sir if you think "complaining" about our qbs turnovers is a useless subject.

who said anything about NO,it seems every time our qb woes are brought up the first comparison is brees and delhomme.wtf does that have to with delhommes decision making and his overall execution.plus i don't think delhomme would do half as good in NO system as brees would,with his overall execution lacking these pass couple games.

idc if delhomme throws 27/35 295 yds 3tds and no ints,i'd be just as happy with a 14/20 186yds no tds no ints......

some of you are ignoring the main problem which is jake needs to take care of the ball more and others use these other pathetic excuses to block out any reason that Jake needs to improve.call it what you want to help you sleep at night.

I think Jake's taken pretty good care the past few games. I mean, even you have to admit that interception last game by Buchanon was a fluke, and the other was more of a great play by Barber than anything. Some of the throws Jake made Monday were absolute money, and not just the quick screens either: other passes to Muhammed and Smith, especially that touchdown, were almost perfect.

will someone actually take insight from this post?probably not,someone might jump to another conclusion about how this qb would do and why drafting a qb and benching jake blah blah blah.

New Orleans was brought up because blackandgold10 is a trolling Saints fan who is jealous of our success and since he can't claim his team is going to finish with a better record than us he just points fingers at Delhomme and pumps up Drew Brees.

thread and topic needs to die but it won't. there will always be something for people to complain about.

jakes mistakes don't make him a good leader. no one is saying that it does. what makes him a god leader is his impact on the players of the team. he leads them and they are more than willing to have him there. they aren't running around complaining about him. why? because they respect him. he is much better than what we had last year and the team is very happy with him in his role. we are winning not in spite of him but with him in his role and as part of the team.

he may be compensating still. he has an arm that isn't hurting anymore and has more strength to throw with. he has relearned how to throw and now he is trying to get used to the new arm. sometimes it takes time to recuperate from a surgery like that. no doubt the panthers are willing to roll with what he can do.

really it doesn't matter what any of you are all saying. he is the QB. the team is very happy to have him there. he will continue to be there for some time.

get over it or get used to it.

i'm tired of the ones who bash a fan for wanting his qb to take care of the ball,then in return give a lame brain excuses for jakes performance(not any of the smarter fans).yeah the man is the starter i don't think anyone in there right mind wants him benched,but be real this man needs to take care of the ball....saying his arm is a problem could be a factor i highly doubt it though.if you find a fan worrying about his qbs turnovers as a complaint then you have it all wrong my friends.i simply think jake is under achieving,kinda like what steve young was indicating on monday night.

when i referred to jakes turnover problem i wasn't keyin in on the bucs game man,i've been on his ass every since the raiders game.it's clearly the bucs pass d live off of the tip ball ints.

btw this is not a attack on rayzor

i'm tired of the ones who bash a fan for wanting his qb to take care of the ball,then in return give a lame brain excuses for jakes performance(not any of the smarter fans).yeah the man is the starter i don't think anyone in there right mind wants him benched,but be real this man needs to take care of the ball....saying his arm is a problem could be a factor i highly doubt it though.if you find a fan worrying about his qbs turnovers as a complaint then you have it all wrong my friends.i simply think jake is under achieving,kinda like what steve young was indicating on monday night.

when i referred to jakes turnover problem i wasn't keyin in on the bucs game man,i've been on his ass every since the raiders game.it's clearly the bucs pass d live off of the tip ball ints.

thanks. not intending to bash anyone. i want jake to be at his best, which he clearly isn't but i still don't want anyone else in there than him. i want him to be the best him he can be. until he gets there we are doing pretty well and are well beyond where anyone thought we would be at this point.

we are sitting on top of the vastly improved NFC south which went from the joke of the NFC to be arguably the best division in the NFL. we have a legit shot of being not just the #2 seed in the playoffs but the #1 ahead of the defending superbowl champions who are also having a great year. we are getting ready to play them on a big stage and people in the media are giving us a chance (not all but enough of them). we have a real shot at the superbowl and the thought of it isn't making people snicker. we have the most dominate running game in the NFL and what some are saying has been in years.

i thought we would be much improved over last year with a shot at the playoffs. i, along with probably a lot more, thought that we would see the real results after this young and fairly new team we have got things worked out.

we are a work in progress. think about what that means. we have achieved all this and we aren't even close to the level of play we are possible. with only a few slight adjustments in jakes throwing and our passing game along with a some improvement in the secondary getting back to the level we were already at one point this year, and we will be a dominate team capable of beating anyone.....and that is this year.

what we have in a team is really quite frightening.

Yea, I am not going to argue the fact that I think Jake can play at a higher level, it just seems like there is alot of hair trigger reactions when it comes to Jakes stats.

But, where we disagree, is I dont think the turnovers are a glaring problem right now. Also, his playoff numbers are astounding, and when the games on the line, aside from Brady, I want #17 at the wheel.

But again, He defiantly could play better.

Well, if you discount the Bucs and Raiders games, Jake has thrown about 2 INT's over other 10 games, so what's your point? You act as if he's throwing 2 INT's every week.

really it doesn't matter what any of you are all saying. he is the QB. the team is very happy to have him there. he will continue to be there for some time.

get over it or get used to it.

I think I just found my new "standard issue Jake Delhomme thread bashing" reply. Thanks! :D

For those who say they'd trade Jake Delhomme for Brady, Manning, etc. any day of the week. Would you trade Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith for Peyton Manning? That's how you should look at it, because we would lose some talent like Smitty if we had to spill the bank on a guy like Manning. Trade Delhomme for Manning? DUH. What a stupid effin comparison in my opinion.

Archived