• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want for the Panthers Next Head Coach?

WeWantBill

Who do you want to coach the Panthers next season?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to coach the Panthers next season?

• Bill Cowher
    • Jim Harbaugh
    • Jon Gruden
    • Charlie Weis
    • Other...

Im going to go ahead and say Jon Gruden.

I have been on the Bill Cowher bandwagon for years now but I see that I was wrong in my ways. IF we can convince Ron Meeks to stay on and coach this defense then we need to go after Gruden RATHER than Bill Cowher.

Is Cowher a great coach? Yeah.

BUT he isn't a great offensive mind and that is what we need in this new NFL that we have today. Our defense is loaded with talent. IF we can keep a good Tampa-2 mind in there to run it then we will continue to be good with the personnel that we have.

Gruden is the best offensive mind out there along with Shanahan, Payton and Andy Reid at the HC level. So here are my reasons to go out and hire Gruden.

1. He's a player's coach. Which we need for a team that is as young as we are.

2. He's familiar with the NFCS (and wants badly to punish the Bucs)

3. He's going to actually build the rest of this offense in the draft.

- I wouldn't be surprised if Fox pulled the trigger on a DL at the top of this draft instead of going with AJ Green. It just wouldn't shock me at all.

4. He won't be afraid mix it up and go for the jugular rather than playing it safe and playing not to lose.

5. Bill Cowher has the EXACT SAME MENTALITY as John Fox. We need a change from the "win with defense and let hopefully the offense will score some points too." The league is becoming WAY too complex on offense. Even in a supposed "defensive battle" between the Jets and Dolphins last night you saw 54 combined points. We NEED offense badly and all Cowher is going to do is bring in more defense.

6. Gruden will develop Clausen and mentor him rather than having Cowher's hands-off approach (Cowher and Berg didn't get along AT ALL in Pitt).

I have been on the Bill Cowher bandwagon for years now but I see that I was wrong in my ways. IF we can convince Ron Meeks to stay on and coach this defense then we need to go after Gruden RATHER than Bill Cowher.

BUT he isn't a great offensive mind and that is what we need in this new NFL that we have today. Our defense is loaded with talent. IF we can keep a good Tampa-2 mind in there to run it then we will continue to be good with the personnel that we have.

Gruden is the best offensive mind out there along with Shanahan, Payton and Andy Reid at the HC level. So here are my reasons to go out and hire Gruden.

- I wouldn't be surprised if Fox pulled the trigger on a DL at the top of this draft instead of going with AJ Green. It just wouldn't shock me at all.

4. He won't be afraid mix it up and go for the jugular rather than playing it safe and playing not to lose.

5. Bill Cowher has the EXACT SAME MENTALITY as John Fox. We need a change from the "win with defense and let hopefully the offense will score some points too." The league is becoming WAY too complex on offense. Even in a supposed "defensive battle" between the Jets and Dolphins last night you saw 54 combined points. We NEED offense badly and all Cowher is going to do is bring in more defense.

6. Gruden will develop Clausen and mentor him rather than having Cowher's hands-off approach (Cowher and Berg didn't get along AT ALL in Pitt).

Good post..btw anybody ever google Jon Gruden? after you type jon gr....it auto poplulates "jon gruden carolina panthers"

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there are a couple of things you are wrong on.

1) Players HATED playing for Gruden...he was definetly NOT a players coach!

2) Gruden never really developed any good QB's he brought in so Many QB's in TB it was just funny

BTW, just in case everyone that picked Gruden missed it, have you noticed the shape the last two teams he has coached for is in?

Just sayin........

Thanks for the input! Very valid points. I am a Bucs and Panthers fan, I lived in both areas long periods of time in my life, so don't hate me. I lean more towards the panthers now because I live in charlotte.

When Dungy was let go I wasn't happy, but I knew it was for the best. When they brought Gruden I was thrilled b/c of the success I saw him have with the Raiders and his young risque offensive minded attitude... I would honestly be happy with Cowher, Harbaugh or Gruden. Gruden was a good fit for tampa since their D coordinator Monte Kiffin was top notch. I know Dungy built the team but Gruden took it to the next level, hence a superbowl championship with a sub-par offense. I am just not sure if Gruden has the ability to grow our young team.

Cowher or Harbaugh are my top picks...

Archived