• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would make you optimistic about the rest of the season?

Pox 08

Win or lose, I'm still happy to be able to watch the boys play on Sunday's. Its a whole lot better than the offseason. We are a young team and in a rebuilding year, we have to expect that we're not going to be great! This year will give alot of young players some time to play and gain experience, and it'll also show us what talent we have. The more experience the better they'll get and next year we'll see what positions are solid, and which ones need to be addressed. In my opinion, the Defense has been playing execptionally well! They'll only get better in time. Alot of young guy have shown potential. Thomas Davis will return at some point also. The offense has the key weapons. The offensive was above average last year, and I think they are capable of being a dominate force this year. Our running backs are excellent, and tightends are are also good. Smith is our dominate wide recieve, and Gettis has shown potential, Lafell and Edwards will get better throughout the year. Everyone wanted Clausen in there and now he's there. They will keep him in there the rest of the year and he too will grow more acustom to the offense, and they'll get familar with him. They'll have an up and down year, but it'll be a good lesson for him. It'll give him something to carry over to next year.

The team is going to win games it won't be the rest here on out but they'll get it together and win some. This year is basically a learning experience for young guys and the rest of the organization. Time to evalute the team and see what talent we actually have.

Also, Fox is a good coach he took this team and turned it around, he's provided alot of excitment in his tenture here. Look at some other teams thats gone through so many coaches that couldn't do what he did for us. I hope he wants to stay a the end of the year, although I doubt it after the organization hasn't acted like they want him around.

As for Jarrett, he hasn't done anything for us the whole time he's been here, but he showed he can catch the ball... They are letting the rookies out there for experience. Jarrett's on the team, why not let him dress and see if he can make a difference. I mean they kept him why not use him.

So what I'm getting at is for the ones that are always so negative on here, stop it, and just enjoy the season. I want them to win just as bad as anyone one, and they haven't. That still hasn't stopped me from being excited to watch them play sunday, with the possiblity of a win and someone stepping up to have and outstanding game!

How optimistic can I possibly be?

I'm sitting in my seats one Sunday afternoon in mid-October. Player intros are over, the National Anthem has just concluded and a flyover of Navy F-18s is still ringing in my ears.

I turn to look over my left shoulder as I seem to hear a familiar voice, "Gotcha popcorn heaaaaaaah! Popcorn... right heahhhhh!" Only to see a silver-haired, gum-chewing, vendor-toting John Fox coming down the steps toward me.

I holla up, "How much?" and he answers, "6 bucks... it is what it is, pal."

Archived