• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taking plays off...who does and who doesn't?

stankowalski

Alright smart guys. I've seen quite a few people complaining about how Peppers is lazy, takes plays off, yada, yada, yada.

So my question to you is who does and does not take plays off? You've already declared that Pep takes plays off. How about Jared Allen? He's a pretty high motor guy right? Surely he doesn't take plays off. I think we can all agree that he is one of the best DE's in the league, and if you don't think so, get the hell out of this thread. Anyway...he played in the same number of games and had 3 more tackles than Peppers. So he must be pretty lazy too, huh? Pfft. How about Richard Seymour? Is he lazy too? He only had 52 tackles and 8 sacks. fuging slacker. Aaron Kampman? He had 62 tackles and 9.5 sacks. Only 9.5 sacks?!?!?! WTF was he taking sedatives?

Is there not one fuging defensive end in the league that doesn't sleepwalk his way through games?

People who were in the huddle (not the messageboard) with him have said that he does. Haven't heard the same comments from any teammates from the other guys that you mentioned.

Look at the source. You're talking about Buckner. He always had a big mouth and was jealous of Peppers from day one. Then you go and take Buckners career numbers and put them beside other DT's and you tell me what the fug he was doing in the NFL.

The fact of the matter is that most teams that played us gameplanned for Peppers. They doubled him on passing downs over half the time, and ran away from him the other half. Teams don't gameplan for players like Buckner, Rucker, Brayton, etc. etc. They do gameplan for Peppers. And yet Peppers numbers are still in the upper echelon for DE's.

Peppers doesn't take plays off. He often plays more snaps than any other linemen on the team.

I will say this. As long as he's been in the league ~ you'd think he would have better technique and more moves than he does.

Its hard to believe that Pep has not been shown how to use the rip or spin move. I think he just likes the bull rush and the swim move IMO. I mean they have lined the guy up as many ways as you could have in 7 years. Hell they used him as a TE before even.

Peppers doesn't take plays off. He often plays more snaps than any other linemen on the team.

I will say this. As long as he's been in the league ~ you'd think he would have better technique and more moves than he does.

I think people are saying he takes plays off WHILE being on the field, i.e. he doesn't "try". Somehow these people have got the idea that Peppers is actually superman and should be getting a sack every other play. Or that some 330 lb. beast that is strong as an ox shouldn't be able to block him at all.

Since Peppers is taking plays off, and his numbers are some of the best in the NFL for defensive lineman, then that must mean the NFL is full of lazy fugers.

I ignore people who say he takes plays off. They are just talking out of their asses anyways.

Maybe they are onto something, which is why I want to put together this list of people who are not lazy. Perhaps our coaches will see this ingenious list and go after some of them in free agency.

So we've already established that Jared Allen, Richard Seymour, and Aaron Kampman are bums...let's get to those players that aren't lazy...

Maybe instead of takes plays off it would be better to say he completely disappears during games...even consecutive games

even playoff games. :(

I think people are saying he takes plays off WHILE being on the field, i.e. he doesn't "try". Somehow these people have got the idea that Peppers is actually superman and should be getting a sack every other play. Or that some 330 lb. beast that is strong as an ox shouldn't be able to block him at all.

Since Peppers is taking plays off, and his numbers are some of the best in the NFL for defensive lineman, then that must mean the NFL is full of lazy f*ckers.

I don't want him to make a sack on every play, I just want him to look like he cares on every play. There are so many times that you see a pile coming right at him and he sort of dances a bit out of the way to make sure he feet don't get tangled up into it.

I dare you to watch an entire game and actually watch PEPPERS on every play, and only him. You will see exactly what I am talking about, it is ridiculous.

Archived