• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is our secondary really that good that they don't need a pass rush..

Pox 08

Panthers pass defense is 4th, 4th in interceptions, 1st in qb rating with a league low 65.7 and 6th in completion %. That's something special. Can you imagine what they could do if our Dline was actually tearing it up every game?

stats don't really tell the whole story.

Eli had a great day against us and he was very effective but his WRs had butter fingers barely any of those INTs were his fault.

We've been getting run on pretty effectively especially the last 2 games. It's really sad. When we were playing the giants during halftime I was remarking on why the giants kept going outside when they were doing so much better going between the tackles.

Lately were not stopping any kind of running. We need to find another Hollis Thomas. Kemo wasn't a very dominant tackle but he held his ground at least.

Last week we were facing Alex Smith and David Carr, and even Smith moved the ball somewhat. Plus the run was working pretty well so they didn't need to pass as much.

I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

No defensive backfield can cover unless the pass rush isn't at least hurrying things.

I just repped you because I was wondering the other day about the same thing. I accidentally just put the I down.

The next few QBs will be a good test. Freeman is turning into Vick as far as being unstoppable. Even the game with 5 INTs he was passing on us at will.

I don't understand the problem our guys are having with Freeman. Most of the potential sacks were just our guys wrapping their arms around his waist and sliding down his legs as he moves around. I hope they work on their take downs before facing off with him again. I'd hate for it to turn into a Vick situation.

Vick only had his way with the Panthers for a couple seasons before someone got a serious clue and started spying him with Thomas Davis. As soon as the Panthers made that defensive decision, Vick was rendered basically useless because Davis could chase him down and everyone knows Vick is as accurate as a blind man...

With Freeman, the Panthers could do the same thing using Anderson.

Vick only had his way with the Panthers for a couple seasons before someone got a serious clue and started spying him with Thomas Davis. As soon as the Panthers made that defensive decision, Vick was rendered basically useless because Davis could chase him down and everyone knows Vick is as accurate as a blind man...

With Freeman, the Panthers could do the same thing using Anderson.

The difference is Freeman can actually pass. Vick could hit Alge Crumpler and that was about it.

The difference is Freeman can actually pass. Vick could hit Alge Crumpler and that was about it.

I'm pretty sure Vick had some of his best games against us. I don't even like thinking about it. Thinking about the ESPN "Vick yards" counter makes me want to puke.

Ran and passed all over us.

*(runs to the bathroom)*

Vick didn't have the vision to pass that well (height). Crumpler was the only guy he could regularly see.

Freeman's another story. Barring injury or major setback, he has the potential to be better than Vick ever even thought about being.

(and as a result, way more troubling to us)

I don't understand the problem our guys are having with Freeman. Most of the potential sacks were just our guys wrapping their arms around his waist and sliding down his legs as he moves around. I hope they work on their take downs before facing off with him again. I'd hate for it to turn into a Vick situation.

Pretty much. It was just a matter of very poor tackling. It wasn't like Freeman was beating us with his amazing speed or anything. And he's not exactly slippery as stalky as he is. It looked more like our guys just underestimated his strength and thought they could shoe string tackle him. It was pissing me off.

They just need to treat him like a running back and put muscle into it to bring him down. Kind of like Big Ben.

Archived