• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best/Worst Horror Directors???

Hotsauce

Also, who is the most over-rated?

I say everyone of them after their first 10 years of making movies. Romero's zombie newer movies have sucked....Wes Craven hasn't delivered a good one in a while....even johnny C last couple movies have sucked.

Who is up and coming???

I love Halloween (: (sad its over)

Hitchcock is the best over. Best now? Carpenter.

Current worst? Whatever his name is that did "House of the Dead" and other such dreck (German guy, forget his name)

Most overrated? Easily Rob Zombie.

Worst effort by a non-horror director making a horror movie? Jan deBont's remake of "The Haunting".

I'd add that as a group, the Japanese directors are doing the best horror movies right now. Some of the best recent movies have been remakes of their work.

Hitchcock is the best over. Best now? Carpenter.

Current worst? Whatever his name is that did "House of the Dead" and other such dreck (German guy, forget his name)

Most overrated? Easily Rob Zombie.

Worst effort by a non-horror director making a horror movie? Jan deBont's remake of "The Haunting".

I'd add that as a group, the Japanese directors are doing the best horror movies right now. Some of the best recent movies have been remakes of their work.

Uwe Boll

Archived