• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Moore Gone, Clausen to Shine.

chknwing

He's made plenty of mistakes without getting pulled. He made numerous mistakes for four straight weeks without getting pulled. There's nothing wrong with evaluating both rookie QB's in a game that's completely lost already....

I had no problem with Pike going in last week. I'm just saying every time he makes a mistake it seems like Fox takes him out. The "other guy can't do any worse" argument is bullshit. Neither QB threw more than what 3 picks in a game? I'd say it's quite possible to throw 5-6 with this bunch. It could get worse. Plus we haven't been shut out since 2002 against ATL. I look for that to change soon.

He wasnt referring to Moore being replaced by Clausen because of Moores injury. He was talking about why would they bench Clausen for Pike. Rookies have to go through their learning pains. Peyton Manning didnt have a good year his rookie season. The season is already lost why not keep playing Clausen, Pike isnt going to solve anything Clausen cant.

Because we have 2 rookie quarterbacks not one. We gave Clausen time and he is awful. Why wouldn't we give Pike equal time. If Pike plays as sucky as Clausen did for several games then we can decide what to do. But you assume Clausen is the future and Pike isn't. Honestly Pike has better measurables and as good intangibles as Clausen does. Who is to say Pike isn't the better choice at this time. As least he is tall enough to see over the line.

I had no problem with Pike going in last week. I'm just saying every time he makes a mistake it seems like Fox takes him out. The "other guy can't do any worse" argument is bullshit. Neither QB threw more than what 3 picks in a game? I'd say it's quite possible to throw 5-6 with this bunch. It could get worse. Plus we haven't been shut out since 2002 against ATL. I look for that to change soon.

At some point checking down for 2 yards to a RB on 3rd and 12 down by 13-20 points can't be accpetable anymore. Rookie or not. At least try to make a play, at this point I don't even think the fans care if it's picked off or not. At least make the effort to move the ball down the field and not accept punting on fourth down. Give your receivers a chance to make a play, that's something Clausen seems to be afraid to do. Strange that's the only thing he did at ND....

Because we have 2 rookie quarterbacks not one. We gave Clausen time and he is awful. Why wouldn't we give Pike equal time. If Pike plays as sucky as Clausen did for several games then we can decide what to do. But you assume Clausen is the future and Pike isn't. Honestly Pike has better measurables and as good intangibles as Clausen does. Who is to say Pike isn't the better choice at this time. As least he is tall enough to see over the line.

Clausen went to Notre Dame and was slurped by the national media, and Pike wasn't. That's why Clausen is the future, not Pike. Pike cannot be better than Clausen.

/sarcasm

At some point checking down for 2 yards to a RB on 3rd and 12 down by 13-20 points can't be accpetable anymore. Rookie or not. At least try to make a play' date=' at this point I don't even think the fans care if it's picked off or not. At least make the effort to move the ball down the field and not accept punting on fourth down. Give your receivers a chance to make a play, that's something Clausen seems to be afraid to do. Strange that's the only thing he did at ND....[/quote']

No because when he tries to make that play and it bounces off a TE's hands for an INT, you'll say "he shouldn't have tried to make that play! He sucks!"

No because when he tries to make that play and it bounces off a TE's hands for an INT, you'll say "he shouldn't have tried to make that play! He sucks!"

You may be speaking for yourself but not for me. I would much rather a guy try and get a vertical passing game going and fail then just be contempt to throw a two yard checkdown or bomb it out of bounds when we're down by 20....

So rather than throw a check down on 3-12 he should throw it to a receiver who isn't open and risk the INT?

At this point I really would rather see if he's capable of moving the ball down the field yes. It's not like we're going to win games anyway. Checking down to a running back on every third down really isn't a good way of evaluating a QB. Sure he will throw picks but he also may be accurate enough that the WR is in position to make plays. I think Jaws puts it best, the great QB's can throw a receiver open. They can put a ball into a tight window in position for the reciever to make a play on the ball and get in space. We need to see if Clausen or Pike can do this....

Archived