• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yas on why the mass exodus of defensive coaches happened

Fireball77

I'm actually glad this happened..Defense needed a wake up, plus it seriously UP the chances of #90 staying. Each move to fill these shoes will be interesting for us this offseason...atleast we know we'll have a "new" defense next season...AGAINST ALL ODDZ!!

90 IS NOT STAYING, HE DOESN'T LIKE CHARLOTTE ANYMORE. Please let the guy go.....

It was reported days ago that the assistants had been informed they should look for other jobs anyway, so it doesn't make sense that they would be surprised/angered by the FO's delay in offering contracts. Yas is full of sh*t most of the time. The last few blogs he kept suggesting that the coaches were fleeing "a sinking ship" because they hated Fox. Of course, he never had any named sources or any evidence. He just needed to take up space on his blog.

I'm actually glad this happened..Defense needed a wake up, plus it seriously UP the chances of #90 staying. Each move to fill these shoes will be interesting for us this offseason...atleast we know we'll have a "new" defense next season...AGAINST ALL ODDZ!!

why would this increase Peppers chances of staying? From most reports it is clear Pep had no problem w/ the position coaches or DC.....that only implies his problem is w/ John Fox and what John Fox requires his defensive coaches to do.

Also, it is pretty clear that these guys don't want to work under a Fox led defense anymore. Trgo wasn't the problem, we all know what the problem is.....and the problem will be back.

The article says Fox is not happy with the way things went down.

The only thing I can say to that is, "To the Victor, Comes the Spoils".

Mr. Fox, when you get drubbed out of the playoffs (@ home), you really don't get the luxury to keep things same and comfortable.

Everyone used to and some do still think that Fox has a lot of say into the offensive play calling but the hard evidence is actually to the contrary(like Fox letting Davidson pick his own QB coach), it seems like Fox just lays the outline to what he wants to see but leaves the rest up to the Coordinator.

As for the Defense Fox didn't stick his nose into the Defensive meetings until problems started to happen on the Defense, and in 2007 the defense actually started to play better when Fox came in towards the end of the season.

:yesnod: I just don't understand why so many people cannot remember the facts as they really happened. I guess that gets in the way of their preconceived notions. Good post Doc...

Archived