• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you were a prospective coach

FreeDrinkMafia

Thinkin' Mike Smith is feeling pretty good about taking over a complete mess in Atlanta 3 years ago. Same will happen here.
True, except lots of really important pieces are already in place. This is far from a complete mess. I'm sure coaches can recognize this. Sure we ain't big market, but the reality is we won't ever be. Big market isn't a meal ticket for success anyway.

Naive dumbass, that's why the French import it under that name. It's funny.

... lol.

anyway, nonsense aside, I think we'll be fine.

As strange as it sounds, I think this will be one of the better jobs out there in a lot of ways. I am also expecting Dallas and San Diego to remain closed now since both teams are picking up steam; I think if Garrett wins another 2 he's set in Dallas. Frazier has a good chance of sticking it out in Minny too. Means we're looking at Cincy, (possibly) Cleveland, San Francisco, and possibly Tennessee. maybe Jax too, but the way they've picked it up... and I know I'm forgetting someone but I'm tired.

I think out of those, San Fran is probably the biggest draw to a certain pac10 college coach, but I don't think we're far behind...

I would think that low media visibility at the start of new coach's tenure would be a good thing. No pressure because no one cares, and if you do well, you're a hero. In a market like Dallas or New York, if you don't produce your first year, you'll have the media speculating your job stability.

I don't think "media attention" is high on the list of criteria for a prospective coach, infact most coaches hate media attention. The fact that we're not under a red-hot spotlight means there's not as much national pressure or scrutiny.

We have a good core of young players to build on, tons of cap space and most likely the # 1 overall pick, so we are clay waiting to be molded by the next HC... sounds like a good situation to me.

Every year there's a team that's the worst in the league, and as often as not that team is an attractive landing spot for a new guy ready to start his head coaching career or an old coach trying to get back in.

The Panthers situation is actually a pretty attractive one.

Archived