• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why trading up for Armanti Edwards was stupid..(ps SCP went to Eastern Car.)

SCP

I thought we got past this? Will therapy be required? Im buying.

if Stewart is traded for a 2nd.. or for better emphasis, if he is traded to the Pats for our 2nd.. I will need a poo-ton of therapy...

I still need it since we will be drafting the highest we have in a decade..

A trade can be a bad trade before a player is a bust. He can make the trade worthwhile in the end, but right now, it seems like way too big a risk.

If he ends up being "the next Steve Smith," though, it'll all be worth it.

he better eat, sleep, and f**k to football..

God some of yall are just flat out retarded. It would take at least 1 or 2 years for a 1A qb to convert to wr in the nfl... It should take much longer for a 1-aa qb to convert to an nfl wr...

all 1-aa players are project players that usually take a few seasons to catch up with their teamates who are ahead of them physically. They are picked because of football intelligence and potential.

AE's former teamates for example, Corey Lynch is in his 3rd season and is about to start his first game at FS down in Tampa... Jason Hunter, the Broncos best LB, is just now taking off and it took him 5 years.

God some of yall are just flat out retarded. It would take at least 1 or 2 years for a 1A qb to convert to wr in the nfl... It should take much longer for a 1-aa qb to convert to an nfl wr...

all 1-aa players are project players that usually take a few seasons to catch up with their teamates who are ahead of them physically. They are picked because of football intelligence and potential.

AE's former teamates for example, Corey Lynch is in his 3rd season and is about to start his first game at FS down in Tampa... Jason Hunter, the Broncos best LB, is just now taking off and it took him 5 years.

most intelligent people will agree with you...

the burning sensation comes from handing over a 33rd overall draft pick to draft AE...

I think Randle El converted right away from QB to WR with pretty good success.

And of course there are guys that can play in the league from I-AA. But how many of your examples had a team trade up to get them in the draft? You don't trade up for a 5 year project.

For all the outrage you would think we never waste a high pick on a wide receiver. After all we drafted Carruth with a 27 pick and Jarrett was a 45 pick. So far Edwards hasnt had any DWIs or conspired to murder anyone. This is definite progress.

Well, when you put it that way... great pick Hurney.

most intelligent people will agree with you...

the burning sensation comes from handing over a 33rd overall draft pick to draft AE...

Again, the one question that has been asked and not answered. Back in the spring did anyone say anywhere that this pick would become the 33rd pick? I don't recall many threads or posts saying that we were going to be a 1-15 or 2-14 team and get the first picks of rounds 1 and 2. I'm not saying the pick was a good one, I just don't think anyone on here thought we would be this bad. There is nothing we can do about it now except hope that the kid develops into something in a year or two. Hopefully he will and since I didn't have a say so in where he was drafted (and neither did Edwards) I'm not going to blame him for the pick.

I am not an ASU fan. I never saw AE play a single snap until we drafted him and I started watching tape on him that I got from a ASU homer friend. I personally thought he should have been drafted as a QB after watching the film. But I am not a better judge of talent than any NFL GM otherwise I would have their job and make their paycheck.

NFL draft day insane behind the scenes. Cold war espionage style. We traded up for AE because we had damn good info that someone was going to take him before we got another shot at him.

if we had actually drafted him in 11 in the second round then we wouldn't be able to judge that pick fairly for at least another year afterwards as it usually takes a few years to develop any 2nd round WR and often 1st round WR. Being a known project he should get that (red shirt) rookie year to develop before being expected to meet expectations for a draft pick that is only theory until next April.

Will he be a busted pick? Maybe but it is waaay to early to tell. BTW there is still a very real chance that the guy we would have picked up this year at 33-35 would have been a bust. No guarantees in the draft. Educated guesses made by people who know a hell of a lot more than any of us about football.

Again, the one question that has been asked and not answered. Back in the spring did anyone say anywhere that this pick would become the 33rd pick? I don't recall many threads or posts saying that we were going to be a 1-15 or 2-14 team and get the first picks of rounds 1 and 2. I'm not saying the pick was a good one, I just don't think anyone on here thought we would be this bad. There is nothing we can do about it now except hope that the kid develops into something in a year or two. Hopefully he will and since I didn't have a say so in where he was drafted (and neither did Edwards) I'm not going to blame him for the pick.

Hell no, I was one of the idiots who thought we had 9-10 wins in us.

But I was never on board with the trade to get him. And I'm not blaming Armanti.

Antwaan Randle El is about the same size as Armanti. He was drafted in the 2nd round, #62 overall. His rookie year 2002 stats can be viewed here:

http://www.nfl.com/players/antwaanrandleel/profile?id=RAN399604

Since we suck this year and are being forced to look at the draft already, are these stats worth a #33 overall pick if Armanti develops into a Randle El?

Archived