• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did the Fox intervention really hurt the defense?

Zod

Fox got involved with the defense after the Tampa Bay game.

Till that point, they had played the teams with these offensive rankings

1 of the 6 teams were top 10 offenses.

Here are the rankings of the offenses they played post Fox involvement...

7 of the 10 teams were top 10 offenses.

So you tell me, was it Fox getting involved in the Defense making the defense look worse, or was it playing against better offenses that did it?

Would the defense have been even worse without Fox's involvement?

Very possible.

I think the biggest question mark will be what in the hell happened to the D in the final quarter of the NO game and the 1st half of the playoff game?

I dunno about the final quarter, but I honestly attribute some of the playoff game to the fuging bye week. Nothing like one of those to kill momentum.

As with any problem, there are usually contributing factors. Have to consider that the health of the defense also started to decline at the same time that the team played the most difficult part of the schedule.

But, the fact of the matter is, the Panthers were able to shutdown some pretty impressive running backs early in the year only to get stomped on by lessers during the second half of the schedule.

And, you still can't get past the fact that Larry Fitzgerald was more open than a 7/11 during the one-and-done playoffs. You can argue that things could have been worse without Fox's involvement, but you certainly can't argue that things got better.

youre an idiot, the defense couldnt get any worse, its not possible.

Things can always get worse -- the Panthers weren't the lowest ranked defense anyway. I mean, sure they gave up 28 or 30 points a game, but it could have been 40 or more points. So look on the bright side . . . :coolgleamA:

...and the secondary forgetting what planet they were on at times.

Blame who you want but horrible coaches was a big part of our problems. I cant count how many times the LBs and CBs looked lost in games last year. Poor coaching leads to that.

Opponents offense should never really matter how well our defense plays.

If you have a good defense, that good offense won't look so good.

Teams are going to score and move the ball, that is going to happen, but if you have a defense worth a damn they won't get pushed around up and down the field all game long.(like what happened to us)

Archived