• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McDaniels fired

Boltergeist

McD definitely stepped on himself on some personnel moves.

I really think Bowlen got caught up in the fervor of coach firings (see: owner power moves) and decided he just had to do the same thing.

The more I observe this Pat Bowlen... he's an odd character

If your Denver, and you give this in-experienced HC carte Blanche to do what he wants in terms of personnel you have to give him more then 2yrs to accomplish it.

i agree, but apparently the Tape Gate part II really didnt go over well with the boss. Had a lot to do with it.

I said this last week...:)

I wouldn't be opposed to this. I've always said to myself that he was to young a guy to be an HC.

After the major he worked in New England when Brady went down and Matt Cassell still won 11 games, I would take him in a heart beat to run our offense.

One thing is for sure whether McDaniels is behind this whole taping controversy: He made that Denver offense into a machine this past year with the likes of Orton, Brandon Lloyd, Eddie Royal, & Jabar Gaffney...I would let him run our offense in a heartbeat. He did take a lot of risks within a 2 year period, but that's the type of coach I want.

He's still super young, so Denver should of expected gutsy moves that may not work out. He's gotten a few years in as a HC and hopefully learned some things. I would totally support bringing him in here as an OC. He's still only 34

Archived