• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Luck News & Updates

Jbro

I wonder how this possibly being the last year for no rookie cap will affect JR's decision concerning a QB as the 1st pick
they will, out of necessity, most likely have the CBA wrapped up prior to the draft.

at the very least, it will be pretty clear if there will be a rookie cap or not and if there is one, it will go into effect immediately.

last year was most likely the last year of no rookie cap.

regardless, QB is obviously a huge need. something big needs to be done there. having said that, i seriously doubt that richardson will interfere with the selection process. he'll leave it up to hurney, just like he has before. he may set some parameters (like he did last year, apparently, telling him to not touch this years first rounder) but for the most part it will be hurney and the new coach making the decision.

one thing i will say, if the HC is grimm...expect a "safe" pick to be made and a philosophy very similar to fox's regarding QBs.

i swear if he doesn't declare, i would consider the panthers the most "unlucky" team in the NFL. I mean how often do franchise QB's come about (thats consider this good in the NFL) and you have the #1 pick, but the A-hole doesn't declare. Of course if he doesnt, some other team will suck more next year and get him. Then we will be the ones wishing he would have picked us. I swear, does everything bad happen to this franchise? Throw us a bone NFL gods and make the man declare.

It's going to be a press conference with typical "athlete speak" where he doesn't really say anything, then right after it there will be an 8 page thread on the huddle trying to interpret what he "really" meant....

All Luck hype is starting to feel like we're setting him up for failure. No one can live up to the expectations people are making for this kid right now.

yall need to stop actting like its the end of the world if he does not declare the're are tons of very talented players in this years draft
meh, it's really not that great of a draft. at the top there are a few good ones, but nothing (aside from luck) that you can say without a doubt that they should be the #1 overall.

last year was better.

of the non-luck/newton prospects i do like peterson and green, but in the top 5 there just isn't much beyond that impressing me. maybe bowers.

meh, it's really not that great of a draft. at the top there are a few good ones, but nothing (aside from luck) that you can say without a doubt that they should be the #1 overall.

last year was better.

of the non-luck/newton prospects i do like peterson and green, but in the top 5 there just isn't much beyond that impressing me. maybe bowers.

i agree that the're are not many guys in this draft worth a number one pick but that does not mean they are not talented....a guy like patrick peterson would be wonderful panthers defense

Stanford source: Luck leaning toward staying

http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2010/12/stanford-source-luck-leaning-toward.html

I'd take this with a grain of salt. The source obviously would like Luck to stay. I think Harbaugh is gone and that will give Luck the final push out the door. That said...I'm slowly preparing myself for disappointment.

Archived