• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

~ 2011 College Draft Prospects ~

HeatCheck

We do have a first round pick this year (as it stands) so I'm making a thread to discuss players that you guys watch that might be of help to this team.

I don't get into college basketball that much until conference play picks up.

Noone knows what our team make-up will be by the end of this year, but I can almost guarantee you that Center will be a need. But this year there doesn't seem to be a stand out Center.

We could also go for a Point Guard, which for me, is the most important player on the court. Kyrie Irving and Kemba Walker seem to be the head of the class when it comes to that position.

Who knows, we might just have to go with the best available.

Please post you thoughts on these prospects throughout the college basketball season.

Jared Sullinger is a Beast but if Kyrie Irving is on the board we can't pass him up.

I love Sullinger's game. He killed my Gators. I'm just concerned if he's big enough. He almost reminds of a DeJuan Blair where he has a center's game in a PF body.

That's crazy that Selby hit the go ahead 3 yesterday vs. USC in his Kansas debut.

Also, I'm a fan of JaJuan Johnson of Purdue. He's a PF/C and has a decent mid range shot. The only downside is, I believe he's a senior and people always bring up potential with seniors.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/bruins-hurricanes-could-swap-linus-ullmark-and-martin-necas.html The Boston Bruins are continuing to garner more and more interest for their former Vezina Trophy-winning goaltender Linus Ullmark, giving them a chance to be picky about the return. That could exclude much of the league from acquiring the star netminder, with Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman sharing on The Jeff Marek Show that he doesn’t believe teams like the Vancouver Canucks or Montreal Canadiens have the assets to acquire Ullmark. Friedman added that the Carolina Hurricanes could be one of the few teams rich enough for the deal, especially if they involve forward Martin Necas. https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/carolina-hurricanes Expect the Maple Leafs and Predators to be two of the top suitors for Hurricanes defenseman Brett Pesce if he hits the open market next month, The Fourth Period’s David Pagnotta reports.  
    • They do, just when. I hate to be pessimistic but it’s all about the QB. I can’t recall a QB situation where a bad QB (not bad stats, but looking like they don’t belong) turned a team around. Peyton Manning had a ridiculous amount of interceptions but he didn’t show his future limitations. Usually, it was picking another QB in the draft. Unfortunately, IMHO, we won’t be really better until we get our Cam v2, someone who can carry the team and not win only if we have a stud lineup around him. That’s why I’m more interested in how the rest of the draft picks do to see if we can actually solve holes like the ones we created losing Olsen, CMC, Moore, Turner/Kalil/Norwell, etc. I want to actually be one QB away not Fitterer’s definition of one player away.
    • I will say once you have been in newer arenas and stadiums with their way better bathroom set-ups, it is such a massive improvement. It clears up a lot of insane lines just waiting around to piss.  I have taken to not drinking at all at older stadiums just so I don't have to deal with planning when to take a piss and what part of the game I am gonna be forced to miss because of it. It's so nice to be in a new arena/stadium with way better bathroom accessibility that doesn't force you to literally miss the game. Not to mention I will actually spend money on booze there then.