• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Universal whine about Clausen thread

Udogg

I bet not ever hear another NFL expert say the Panthers are still trying to figure out if Clausen is the future, or if they should draft another QB. I've been on other NFL forums who are hoping their teams get a chance to draft Luck, and they say Carolina may stick with Clausen for another year. I got news for them, Clausen is the worst QB in the league right now, including among 3rd string QBs.

Any child can see Clausen is worst than Delhomme was for us last year. The only difference between Clausen and Delhomme was that Delhomme's interceptions were sometimes comical to watch. (Like the one that bounced off of Smitty's foot and into the hands of Revis) Nope, Clausen is just pitiful to watch altogether.

Clausen doesnt have confidence. he's lost all confidence in his team and the coaches around him. I think he can be good, HOWEVER, he will likely be good on another team. I can NOT see Andrew Luck winning more than 3 or 4 games, the offensive line to be honest SUCKS!!!!! Luck will be sacked about 45 times next year and the recievers wont get open in time which means, they struggle AGAIN and i will NOT be shocked to hear by next year when 2011 is over, i wont be shocked to hear fans wanting Matt Barkley in 2012.

About 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter, 2nd and goal(?), 3 WR set, and Clausen's eyes are literally glued on Rosario running to the corner of the endzone, and Clausen actually gives a directional hand gesture to go left to Rosario as if he is playing backyard football with him, then throws him a terrible pass.. Clausen didn't even try to look at any of the other receivers. That, for me, is the nail in the Clausen coffin. This guy is getting worse as the season goes on..

Amazing.

Clausen doesnt have confidence. he's lost all confidence in his team and the coaches around him. I think he can be good, HOWEVER, he will likely be good on another team. I can NOT see Andrew Luck winning more than 3 or 4 games, the offensive line to be honest SUCKS!!!!! Luck will be sacked about 45 times next year and the recievers wont get open in time which means, they struggle AGAIN and i will NOT be shocked to hear by next year when 2011 is over, i wont be shocked to hear fans wanting Matt Barkley in 2012.

What is it you see in Clausen? I mean, he is not showing a lot of heart (ie taking hits to make the throw), not showing pocket presence, he has a good not outstanding arm, he is not exceptionally mobile, he is not hard to tackle, no anticipation on his throws. I mean I'm not particularly going at you, but what intangibles are you seeing that makes you think he can be a good QB? The Oline is sucking sometimes, but it's not like every drop back the Oline is collapsing. Houston with D.Carr had a worse line than us and he didn't look this horrible. Just explain what do you see?

Yep the line was bad this year, but there is good reason as to why it was bad. We never had a right side to the line. Otah, our mauler was out all season. We never replaced Andrew Vincent. Once Wharton went down, that was it for the line. In all seriousness, it is shocking they had any success running the ball against the Bucs, Ravens, and Falcons. Imagine what a fully healthy line, along with Mankins (should be our number 1 target in free agency), would do.

Well personally I don't know what to say anymore. Our WR core stinks our oline sucks and our QB postion is f**ked up. The new HC that comes in here within the next month is going to have mess to clean up. It will start will the coaching staff then the roster and so on. All I can say is good luck to the next new HC of the panthers. You will need it big time.:eek:

What is it you see in Clausen? I mean, he is not showing a lot of heart (ie taking hits to make the throw), not showing pocket presence, he has a good not outstanding arm, he is not exceptionally mobile, he is not hard to tackle, no anticipation on his throws. I mean I'm not particularly going at you, but what intangibles are you seeing that makes you think he can be a good QB? The Oline is sucking sometimes, but it's not like every drop back the Oline is collapsing. Houston with D.Carr had a worse line than us and he didn't look this horrible. Just explain what do you see?

actually the line isnt playing great. Timmons came in free and just smacked Clausen and in this same game when Smith got open, Clausen couldnt find Smith because......He was running away from pressure!!! As for what he has, he has a good arm (when he has time to throw) and is accurate, Clausen is a rookie, rookies make mistakes, Cam Newton (who people like for some reason) will make ALOT of mistakes. Luck will also play poorly with this line. I am not saying keep Clausen because if Luck is there you HAVE to take him, BUT i am not seeing why anyone wants Cam Newton who's not ready to start. Anyway, Clausen is accurate and (when he has timie) has pocket pressence, the problem, he is rushed. Clausen CLEARLY shows what he lacks which is confidence.

Archived