• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assistant coach hires on the way...

Mr. Scot

...in the next day or so per Gantt.

Quietly, stability

My hopes for position coaches still include the following:

DL: Tim Krumrie or Denny Marcin (prefer Krumrie at this point)

LB: Dave McGinnis (I'm dreaming) or Mike Haluchak (interviewed by the Raiders, who hired DL coach Dwaine Board), Dat Nguyen could be intriguing

DB: Herm Edwards (highly unlikely) Brett Maxie, perhaps Brian Stewart

My first choices in each position are the "aggressive attitude" guys.

Gantt also confirms that the rest of the coaching staff (offense, special teams) is on board.

Interesting...wonder if this statement indicates that Meeks will be given more freedom in the defense than some have thought?

Or he could be suggesting that it is Fox's defense and that Meeks will just coordinate it, hence the choice of 'their'. Basically Gantt suggests that Fox is heavily involved in it and it will be at leat 50% all him.

Interesting...wonder if this statement indicates that Meeks will be given more freedom in the defense than some have thought?

When Fox hires outside his box it turns into success...see Davidson last year. The problem with Turdovac was that he was an "inside guy" that worked under Del Rio and Fox as a position coach. Therefore, all of his ideas were essentially Fox's ideas. Now that Meeks is here there will be a philosophy change and in a sense a molding of the two minds. It should be good and if we can add a guy like Herm Edwards then I will be cautiously optimistic about our Peppers-less defense next year.

After such a horrible loss in the playoffs, it would be nice if the Panthers could get Dat Nguyen.

And I thought my jokes were bad.

We can officially close the book on Herm (if you haven't already). ESPN is saying they've got him in the fold. PFT is speculating that they'll heave Emmitt Smith for him.

I will look forward to seeing Herm and Keyshawn face off :)

When Fox hires outside his box it turns into success...see Davidson last year. The problem with Turdovac was that he was an "inside guy" that worked under Del Rio and Fox as a position coach. Therefore, all of his ideas were essentially Fox's ideas. Now that Meeks is here there will be a philosophy change and in a sense a molding of the two minds. It should be good and if we can add a guy like Herm Edwards then I will be cautiously optimistic about our Peppers-less defense next year.

this.

I agree completely.

And I thought my jokes were bad.

We can officially close the book on Herm (if you haven't already). ESPN is saying they've got him in the fold. PFT is speculating that they'll heave Emmitt Smith for him.

I will look forward to seeing Herm and Keyshawn face off :)

I was actually hoping they would have picked up Chuckie. :lol:

Krumrie's still one of my guys. Denny Marcin's out there?

McGinnis wouldn't leave for a lateral move. Venturi's still there, even if Haluchak goes. I thought Martindale was staying in Oakland but he's a Bronco now. I guess, while we're talking Venturi, there's Haslett, desperate for a job.

Maxie is OK. I like Lynn more.

Krumrie's still one of my guys. Denny Marcin's out there?

McGinnis wouldn't leave for a lateral move. Venturi's still there, even if Haluchak goes. I thought Martindale was staying in Oakland but he's a Bronco now. I guess, while we're talking Venturi, there's Haslett, desperate for a job.

Maxie is OK. I like Lynn more.

Lynn is more likely given the Fox connection. Maxie has the Panther connection but wasn't here under Fox.

Marcin's status is unclear. It wasn't dead set that the Jets were keeping him. He was demoted in favor of Bryan Cox (the old bird flipping Dolphin) and I believe that gives him the latitude for a promotion.

McGinnis is just my hope since so far he hasn't gotten a DC job anywhere. I'd forgotten Venturi but would be okay with him.

I've been meaning to look back for some of Ron Meeks' prior coaching connections but haven't had time.

Archived