• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason comments on Peppers

TouchMeNot97

And just being brutally honest here, if they succeed where the Panthers failed, its really going to suck :(
i don't think it will suck much.

i feel the same way about any player or coach who is more successful somewhere else. it usually just has to do with chemistry and how all the parts work together.

if someone isn't able to succeed here then i don't want them here. if someone is able to be more successful here then i want them here.

other people are able to do really well here. it may just not have been the right fit for peppers. it may have been the right fit for peppers. we won't know until he goes, though.

whatever the case, we got to move on and wipe the dust off our feet. you start looking back and giving a crap about how successful someone is after the leave here and getting upset over how you miss them you do nothing but impede your own progress.

move forward, don't look back.

sensed it as well. i don't really think the players are happy about it. i'm sure they are pissed at him. they just can't really say anything.

The second half of the paragraph basically says business is business.

If Beason was pissed, then he wouldn't have said anything, especially not giving Pep his props for drawing attention.

the real hate didn't start until he decided to run.

we invested a lot in him and offer him a giant contract to make him the highest paid DE in the NFL ever and he walks away? no way are people going to feel good about that. no reason they should.

he got a lot of criticism in '07 because he was getting paid so much to do so little. he turned it around this year and then turned on us.

he is getting what he deserves now.

if by some miracle he re-signs and stays a panther he is going to have to understand where the fans were coming from as much as he wants us to know where he is coming from now.

if he didn't want to be criticized for not giving it everything he has on every play then he should have done that. the only one really holding him back was himself. he is the only thing preventing him from continuing his success here.

Dude, they were dogging Peppers all season long. I'm not saying that some of it wasn't justified, but WFNZ went way over the top IMO. Hell, they invented a special segment just to make fun of Peppers.

Nobody here can honestly tell me that it wouldn't bother them if they were in his shoes. All that money doesn't make a guy less human.

The second half of the paragraph basically says business is business.

If Beason was pissed, then he wouldn't have said anything, especially not giving Pep his props for drawing attention.

what mr. scot and i were talking about was beason comments being used to "damn with faint praise".

To imply condemnation of someone by praising them for utterly unimportant details or criticize someone or something indirectly by giving a slight compliment.

we were thinking that beason was just being subtle in his being pissed.

Dude, they were dogging Peppers all season long. I'm not saying that some of it wasn't justified, but WFNZ went way over the top IMO. Hell, they invented a special segment just to make fun of Peppers.

Nobody here can honestly tell me that it wouldn't bother them if they were in his shoes. All that money doesn't make a guy less human.

you think they didn't see what he was doing on the field? yes, the 12 or 13 sacks were impressive but getting handled by 2nd and 3rd string or rookie LTs wasn't so much. Everyone knows what ability he has and not being able to blow away those guys showed something about himself. the talent was there the money was waiting for him. the work that it takes to get that money wasn't there. that was what the criticism was mainly for.

are you guys forgetting how many times peppers was contained by just one person, many times a rookie or a 2nd or 3rd stringer?

him being gone would hurt more if peppers was consistently applying pressure and getting doubled up.

since that wasn't the case beason will be fine.

Well, I guess you know better than Beason, so I'll take your word for it.

I'm actually really worried about that...Beason is not the biggest LB in the world. We are really gonna need to get a solid DE in there not just to pass rush but also to stop the run and take up blockers. Like he said, "they don't make em like Pep" but we are going to need someone other than CJ and Brayton if we want any chance of succeeding on defense.

Me too. The game they played without Kemo he was targeted and he had a hard time that day and that was WITH Julius Peppers.

If I'm the Panthers FO I don't care about looking stupid whatever, franchise him, ask him to give the new DC a chance, offer a stupid amount of cash for him to stay home.

Is it about the big lights for him? I don't know. If he doesn't like the attention he gets here it will be 3X as much anywhere else. He doesn't seem to have the personality to desire to be hounded by big market media.

settle down there, pony. it's called being diplomatic. they shouldn't say anything to stir the pot. trying to keep the peace. they are supposed to be civil. they are members of the panthers but they are also members of the NFLPA so they need to have each others backs in both areas. they didn't criticize peppers or the organization in anything that they said.

btw...I have never said that losing peppers isn't going to hurt. I don't think that it is anything close to being the death of the team and not a reason to panic. they are going to be able to compensate for his loss and when all is said and done will have a stronger defense. it would be good if he stayed but it would be a worse loss if he was more consistent.

we will be fine.

First off, I'm not your fuging pony. Secondly Smitty punched a teammate and he also had another incident a couple of years ago...I'm not sure how that is 'keeping the peace'. The fact is that Smitty isn't going to be diplomatic about a player if he thinks that player isn't pulling his load...like Ken Lucas, who Smitty was supposedly upset with over his play. You refuse to believe any defense of Peppers' situation by current teammates instead relying on a loudmouthed ex-teammate who hasn't played for us in a few years.

you think they didn't see what he was doing on the field? yes, the 12 or 13 sacks were impressive but getting handled by 2nd and 3rd string or rookie LTs wasn't so much. Everyone knows what ability he has and not being able to blow away those guys showed something about himself. the talent was there the money was waiting for him. the work that it takes to get that money wasn't there. that was what the criticism was mainly for.

You're missing the point completely. Whether you believe that he's a great player or not, he was clearly the best D-lineman on the team this season, so he didn't deserve all the poo that was thrown at him. The real point though, is how would you feel if you were the butt of weekly jokes on the radio? Don't sit there and claim that it wouldn't bother you because we both know that's a damn lie.

That's not to say that I don't think we can be good without Peppers, or that some of the criticism wasn't justified, but the very public hate for the guy has been ridiculous.

are you guys forgetting how many times peppers was contained by just one person, many times a rookie or a 2nd or 3rd stringer?

him being gone would hurt more if peppers was consistently applying pressure and getting doubled up.

since that wasn't the case beason will be fine.

Peppers was run off of my widescreen HDTV a ton of times by one guy...making me shake my head weekly. Sure he got that sack but then.....he was nothing more than a big FREAK of disappearing the rest of the game.

The guy who runs NFL films who watches everything said that "Peppers is a good player put was manhandled by teams with journeyman tackles." Especially pointed out in the Arizona game.

He is def not worth the 17 million he would seek as a franchised DE. The average salary by the top 5 DE is around 8 mil. Its not like Peppers is going to unleash new moves in the next few years......he'd rather play basketball.

I was told not to call anyone any names in this forum and I've agreed to that...however I expect the same in return, however innocuous the name might be.

I have to agree with stan here, rayzor. Keep it away from personal attacks on stay on the subject.

Archived