• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No, luck is the answer.

The Saltman

I'd rather take the risk on a potential franchise QB such as Luck than to be banging our heads on the wall for the next 13 years if he tears it up elsewhere. Yeah, we can keep getting stop-gap solutions (Vet QB) and address other areas, but unless we take a chance at a young, franchise QB, we'll be bottom-feeders. This is a QB league. We need to take chances to find ours so we can compete.

Not at all. I actually like him. But we need to explore all good trades. If some team is will to give us there next 3 first round picks I would hope the Panthers would think about.

I would certainly accept that offer, and I think the Panthers would as well. Can you name any team that has offered there next 3 first round picks to move up and take the first overall pick? I can't image that has ever happened. That would be legal rape for certain. If Luck enters the draft, then teams will make us resonable offers to move up and select him. If the Panthers accept an offer, then they'll have to find another way to get a QB who can compete with the likes of Brees, Freeman, and Matty 'Ice'.

I would certainly accept that offer, and I think the Panthers would as well. Can you name any team that has offered there next 3 first round picks to move up and take the first overall pick? I can't image that has ever happened. That would be legal rape for certain. If Luck enters the draft, then teams will make us resonable offers to move up and select him. If the Panthers accept an offer, then they'll have to find another way to get a QB who can compete with the likes of Brees, Freeman, and Matty 'Ice'.

Signing away a designated franchise player only costs two first round picks, and hardly anybody is willing to make that kind of deal.

Can you name any team that has offered there next 3 first round picks to move up and take the first overall pick?

I dont think I can, but stupid things happen all the time...

If you are old enough to remember the Herschel Walker Trade from the Cowboys to the Vikings, you would know what I mean. The Cowboys, when it was was all said and done ended getting like 28 players from that deal and a few championships.

pete

I dont think I can, but stupid things happen all the time...

If you are old enough to remember the Herschel Walker Trade from the Cowboys to the Vikings, you would know what I mean. The Cowboys, when it was was all said and done ended getting like 28 players from that deal and a few championships.

Yes, but the infamy of that deal has hardened teams against making a similar mistake since then.

(ditto the Ditka trade for Williams)

Yes, but the infamy of that deal has hardened teams against making a similar mistake since then.

(ditto the Ditka trade for Williams)

NFL is due for one. It's a cycle. Walker, Ricky.. and now we're on the clock with the best prospect in a decade

Archived